Calling all 2.5 drivers!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D22Nav_Man

Reaction score
Im looking to upgrade my 05 3.0ltr to a brand new 2011/2012 2.5 d22..... Is that a good idea? how do you rate the 2.5? fuel economy, power, reliability? any help would be great Cheers!!

Hello,

I bought a new D22 in August 2010 and have done 20000km.

Performance wise I am happy. At 98kw it is no rocket but an excellent torque curve helps. Reliability wise, the 2.5 has been faultless. Fuel economy is very good at between 9 and 10L/100 continuallly.

Regards

Greg

i'm happy with mine, almost 20k in 8 months, no issues at all. how much would the 2.5 change over cost you?

hmm
be prepared to change suspension, std is terrible
the bridgestone factory tyres last bout 20k
and i am still having issues with rattling body mounts
engine is great cant fault it after 28 k
there on special atm for $30599 driveaway (lake macquarie nissan)
http://www.lakemacquarienissan.com.au/

ve had mine since Jan last year. almost 60000k great fuel economy, i get between 680-750 k out of a tank depending on how i drive it. the factory tyres are still going strong. probably got another 15000k in them.
all in all a great car for the money

the bridgestone factory tyres last bout 20k
[/url]

I don't know how you managed only 20k, I've got 23k on mine and they still have well over half the tread left.
I reckon I'll get close to 60k with them.

As to the 2.5 engine, I have no issues with it, seems like a good strong motor, great on fuel and is smooth on the road. I tow a work trailer every day at about close to 700kg and still get 10 litres per 100 kms.

I have never driven the 3.0 so I can't really compare the two.

Last edited:
my 2.5 has done around 36000km in the one year since i bought it new. Had no issues mechanically at all. Goes fine for what i want/need. I am not overly happy with it down low, compared with my old rodeo, however it shits all over the rodeo once up and going.

maybee they changed the compound ?
maybee it was thia models with shitty tyres
ime not sure
but i gaurantee mine only lasted approx 22k, 90% on road
driven normally
and they were evenly worn (bridgestone at duelers)
i kept the best one as a second spare, see pic
IMGA0017.jpg

I have a 2011 d22 2.5, can't fault the engine at moment, am getting about 9 to 10lt freeway driving. Engine is responsive, a little sluggish off the mark but once it gets up and going its smooth and sounds great.

Would recommend change of shocks as standards are awful. Also check out body mounts as mine as knocking around and need a change after 6000 km. All in all great truck for the price and great platform to build up some great mods.

105000 ks 2009 model first tyres were shit only 25000 ks as for the rest no probs so far only had snorkel and egr mod done last 6 months and my economy is through the roof towing camper trailer i am getting 8.5 litres per 100 ks maybe mine is a freak or maybe its my driving style i dont go over 105 on highway and never ever take of quick normaly dont rev over 2700 and if pulling up a big hill i change back at about 1300 revs that normaly sees the top of hill and soon back into 5th gear camper weighs about 800 with all gear in it then in back of ute i have the dog and a couple of bags of cloths maybe an esky

Thanks for all the feedback thats just what i wanted to here......... the body mounts coming loose sounds a little worring

105000 ks 2009 model first tyres were shit only 25000 ks as for the rest no probs so far only had snorkel and egr mod done last 6 months and my economy is through the roof towing camper trailer i am getting 8.5 litres per 100 ks maybe mine is a freak or maybe its my driving style i dont go over 105 on highway and never ever take of quick normaly dont rev over 2700 and if pulling up a big hill i change back at about 1300 revs that normaly sees the top of hill and soon back into 5th gear camper weighs about 800 with all gear in it then in back of ute i have the dog and a couple of bags of cloths maybe an esky

How do you go with the egr mod while still being under warranty????

The 3.0 has more useable power if that helps, I have driven a few of both, both are good but the 3.0 takes off better IMO but the 2.5 feels like it has better in gear acceleration, just go and drive one nissan sell a shitload of them so bargain hard.

went down to test drive one today.......... F@#$ me there a ruff engine imo, and didnt feel that much more power from it :( but the ruff delivery of power is putting me off at the moment, Is it just me or do you agree???

was it new ?
they loosen up after a short time
there certainly not a quiet diesel
they are renault designed engine and renault have been making great diesels for a long time
i know of one with 140k on it and the bloke who owns it treats it real bad,doesnt warm up or idle down
his last oil change interval was over 20k and its still going strong

I've got 25000 on my 2010 2.5 and the motor has been totally trouble free. I agree with the comments about the stock shocks they are almost useless. The stock tyres were taken off after 10,000 kms and put onto a toyota 40 series and are wearing ok at about 20,000 kms.I haven't had any issues with my body mounts. The 2.5 is a bit sluggish off the mark but that doesn't worry me and you can put an exhaust and a chip in it if it does. The stock fuel economy is excellent for a dual cab 4x4 and that's more what I worry about.

went down to test drive one today.......... F@#$ me there a ruff engine imo, and didnt feel that much more power from it :( but the ruff delivery of power is putting me off at the moment, Is it just me or do you agree???

na dont agree at all...must be you.

was it new ?
they loosen up after a short time
there certainly not a quiet diesel
they are renault designed engine and renault have been making great diesels for a long time
i know of one with 140k on it and the bloke who owns it treats it real bad,doesnt warm up or idle down
his last oil change interval was over 20k and its still going strong

Yeah it was brand new.... only 79km's on the clock. just seemed to be quite rough when you put your foot into it!

Latest posts

Back