Cruise control

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savvas

Reaction score
Hello.I have a navara d40 2008 Spain built model.How i can add cruise control.All the wires and switches are on from factory(ASCD Cancel Brake and Clutch), i just installed the factory steering wheel buttons all the lights on the buttons working.Thanks Savvas

Welcome to the forum.

Apparently (according to the manual) the ASCD function is managed by the ECM (Engine Control Module). If your ECM is capable of this, it should work once it's all hooked up - just press 'ON' and the 'Cruise' light in your instrument cluster should come on, then press the toggle down to set the current speed (above 40km/h and below 180km/h).

Does your 'Cruise' light indicate on the dash?

Hi thanks for the reply.The light in the dashboard doesn't indicate on.Is there any fuse to check?Any ECM firmaware update?Thanks

Last edited:
Looks like the Cruise Control fuse is the same fuse used for the Check Engine Light. If your CEL comes on when you turn on the ignition (but haven't started the engine yet) then your cruise should have power. If not, check the fuse in the middle of the fuse box on the far left of the vehicle (beside the glove box) - it's opposite the gap in the right hand column. Also check the third fuse from the bottom in the right hand column.

This is all dependent on whether or not your ECM has the function, and the wiring looms have the necessary connections in place. There are two important ones (since the ECM manages the cruise function itself by controlling the fuel rail pressure, we don't have to worry about that):

A) Steering column connector under the airbag to the wiring loom behind the dash. I'm assuming you've plugged the cruise switches in, but you need to make sure there are wires in the loom and that they are connected at the other end as well.

B) The instrument panel has a connection for the cruise control light. This is panel-dependent and you might need to replace the cluster if yours doesn't have it. To determine whether or not your light is in there, why not conduct an instrument cluster test? Here's now:

1) Ignition off
2) Press and hold the clock switch
3) Ignition on (not starting) and wait until 'test' is displayed in the odometer area
4) Release clock switch

Diagnostic mode begins. Press the clock switch until you see 'Bulb' then watch, the 'Cruise' light is at the bottom in the middle if the display. If you don't see it light up, you don't have it.

Turn the car off to end the diagnostic mode.

Dash2.jpg

Hello thanks for the reply.I done the instrument cluster test and all the lights was on, cruise control also.The fuses was also ok.All the cables are connected and they are going threw a plastic pipe to the engine base.

Dash2.jpg

Hi and thanks for quick reply.I done all the tests and all the lights are ON including cruise control.I checked all the wiring from the steering wheel and the petals are going threw a big plastic pipe to the engine area.All the fuses are ok.Any other things to check?Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Update i checked ASCD Cancel Brake and Clutch with a multimeter, for both i have 14V. For the brake switch i have continuity when is depressed and open circuit when is pressed.For clutch switch i don't have continuity at all.That can cause the cruise light indicator to go ON?(only the light indicator).Also a big connector is hanging disconnected between petals and instrument panel i don't know for what is for and i cant find place to connect it.Also my Navara doesn't have TRIP COMPUTER if that helps.Thanks

Last edited:
I'm wondering if the white plug between the pedals and instrument panel is the OBD port, the photo doesn't clearly show the pin face. Does it look like this (except on a cable)?

B5-Euro-DLC.jpg

If so, that's your diagnostic port and has nothing to do with cruise control (or anything else except talking directly to the car's computer).

What I can see of your engine bay looks a little different - is yours petrol or diesel?

Hi.It looks the same as OBD connector.My OBD plug is not hanging like this one is on a metal frame.This cable it was connected with a cable tie on the big plastic pipe that is going to the engine.My car is diesel 2.5 Tdi 170bhp.Thanks

Last edited:
Back