Dpf delete advice

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis75

Reaction score
Hi guys I am new here so please be patient with me :help:

My 2011 D40 (auto) has recently started having DPF issues, starting with loss of power for a short period, then clouds of smoke(dpf burn), other than the fume smell getting stronger the car was fine for a few days, then the DPF light came on followed by the engine light, but it didn't go into limp mode.
I have since had it serviced, the codes reset, workshop performed a burn. All good for a week, then engine light again, EGR exhaust sensor codes etc, all reset. Lasted a week now back where I started with DPF light and smell etc, wont reset.
Workshop advised me of 2 options: New DPF filter, or buy a delete kit with sensors etc.

I am considering getting a DPF delete pipe fitted and remapping but after many hours of searching the net and talking to others I am confused even more on what to buy and where from.
Do I need to get an EGR blanking plate?
Do I need to buy sensors or will the remap and pipe "trick" the sensors?
Is it true I would get more power and better fuel economy if I go down this path?

So many questions! Any advice or recommendations would be great!

Thank you in advance.

Welcome to the forum.

I've had experience with this myself, it was caused by another issue but the end result was the same.

As part of the solution (as an attempt at a quick remedy which was not successful) we had the DPF hollowed out (just put it on a bench and smash at the guts of it with a variety of tools). We tried connecting the fore-and-aft sensor pipe at the sensor (near the ABS unit on the side wall of the engine bay back near the hinge). Resetting the DPF with a workshop tool cost me $50 and lasted about 200km.

In the end, the solution was rather easy (and probably helped by hollowing out the DPF, which looks like it's still intact from the outside).

Send a PM to one of our members here - auggie - and ask them for replacement DPF sensors. Replacing the sensors is easy, just put the same coloured plug sensor in the place where you took it from on the DPF and away you go. The DPF light will clear itself, no need to see a workshop. Just go for a drive.

Matt's worth talking to and his service is impeccable.

Advance headers at holden hill in adelaide are absolute gems when it comes to d40 DPFs
I think they're the SA agent for matt augusts reprogrammed sensors
I got a dpf delete pipe, dump pipe amd reprogrammed sensors for my 07 STX auto from advance, and everything went in perfect with no issues for over 15,000 ks now

I advise give them a call

Blocking the EGR is a separate issue but yes thats a good idea too. Cheap and easy to do

I have had a remap. Still have the DPF though, it sits on the garage floor with the rest of the original exhaust.
For me it was a remap and replacement of the exhaust with a stainless 3 inch system. All sensors etc are gone. Even the DPF symbol on the dash no longer illuminates when I turn the key on start-up. No point saying where it was done because you haven't said where you are located. You also don't need to replace the entire exhaust as you could just gut the DPF as others have done but I didn't want to leave any tell-tale signs and there will be no escaping a dirty exhaust.

Welcome to the forum.

I've had experience with this myself, it was caused by another issue but the end result was the same.

As part of the solution (as an attempt at a quick remedy which was not successful) we had the DPF hollowed out (just put it on a bench and smash at the guts of it with a variety of tools). We tried connecting the fore-and-aft sensor pipe at the sensor (near the ABS unit on the side wall of the engine bay back near the hinge). Resetting the DPF with a workshop tool cost me $50 and lasted about 200km.

In the end, the solution was rather easy (and probably helped by hollowing out the DPF, which looks like it's still intact from the outside).

Send a PM to one of our members here - auggie - and ask them for replacement DPF sensors. Replacing the sensors is easy, just put the same coloured plug sensor in the place where you took it from on the DPF and away you go. The DPF light will clear itself, no need to see a workshop. Just go for a drive.

Matt's worth talking to and his service is impeccable.

Thanks Old.Tony, I did see a post somewhere about auggie, I will PM him. Did you have any issues with excess smoke afterwards and did you notice better performance & fuel economy with this fix?

I have had a remap. Still have the DPF though, it sits on the garage floor with the rest of the original exhaust.
For me it was a remap and replacement of the exhaust with a stainless 3 inch system. All sensors etc are gone. Even the DPF symbol on the dash no longer illuminates when I turn the key on start-up. No point saying where it was done because you haven't said where you are located. You also don't need to replace the entire exhaust as you could just gut the DPF as others have done but I didn't want to leave any tell-tale signs and there will be no escaping a dirty exhaust.

Thanks Joe2006,

I'm in the SE suburbs of Melbourne, I am trying to justify the expense of a remap compared to just the delete pipe and remapped sensors, I have a reasonably local performance shop that can do the remap and tune etc that I know will do a great job... but is it worth it?
Did you notice a considerable difference in performance etc after the remap? I have been told I would see an improvement in fuel economy and more power at takeoff etc, basically better all round!
You mention the dirty exhaust... do you mean you blow a lot of smoke? I have seen videos on line about excessive smoke at take off etc.
Cheers

Advance headers at holden hill in adelaide are absolute gems when it comes to d40 DPFs
I think they're the SA agent for matt augusts reprogrammed sensors
I got a dpf delete pipe, dump pipe amd reprogrammed sensors for my 07 STX auto from advance, and everything went in perfect with no issues for over 15,000 ks now

I advise give them a call

Blocking the EGR is a separate issue but yes thats a good idea too. Cheap and easy to do

Thanks Czechmate i'll check them out cheers

Thanks Old.Tony, I did see a post somewhere about auggie, I will PM him. Did you have any issues with excess smoke afterwards and did you notice better performance & fuel economy with this fix?

Once Matt's (auggie) sensors were in, the DPF light went out shortly afterwards and there has been no smoke since. And we've done several towing trips up and down mountains without a wisp of trouble. There's a small amount of sooty black smoke if I go hard on takeoff until the turbo catches up with the increased fuel load of acceleration, but otherwise it's perfect.

With matts sensors in and the dump pipe and dpf replaced i have had no noticeable smoke at all

Thats with the stock ecu tuning and no chip

Personally i dont really think the d40 asks for any more power they go hard as hell for a 2.5 litre in a big vehicle

Back