Lithgow area day trip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannyBoy

Reaction score
Hi all,

Got free time this sunday due to extra time off work and lookig to go 4wd'ing.
Thinking of heading out towards lithgow area (Glow Worm, Black Fellows, Lost City) this Sunday coming.

Myself wife and kids and a mate from work are going to be Meeting at Zig Zag railway station at 9:00am. If anyone is interested more than welcome to come along.

Yeah its a great area, so many god trails.
Pipeline is getting ridiculous, last time i was up there it looked almost impossible for anything other then something running 35's with twin lockers.

The area in there that has the big mud flat then the hill climbs straight out of the mud. You have to pick your way up and go for it. I have only ever done it in a patrol.

I remember seeing that pipeline about a month ago when we went for a drive defiantly be bypassing that one

Yeah it wild now, i did it in my white D40 about a year ago and i had to do some track prep in the gnarly middle section and still sat it on the sliders with all 4 boots in the air and had to scull drag it up about a meter with the winch to get it through.
My mate smashed his ally bullbar on his 80 series right back into the bonnet.
he wasnt a happy camper.

There are chicken tracks around some parts. I haven't been up there for a fare while. Nice part of the world though.

yeah there are chicken tracks around nearly every section, and your spot on its a top part of Aus, love it up there.

What's the place called where the old pub is at the black fellas hands side. It on the main road. Never stopped there, but looks like a good spot.

There is nothing wrong with that mate, its far better to do that then break the ute, and its a good way to learn when and where you are comfortable.

The only one i can think of that is off the black top and that is anywhere near Blackfellows is Newnes

We went there 3 weeks ago - because of the rain we had - its all rutted out but all passable - the track going up moon rock will be a challenge but passable. Again it was 3 weeks ago.

If you want to put Wheeny Crk back a week or two i will join you then, just think this weekend is out because im heading back down for my last weekend down the snow.

Im keen to check it out for sure.

If you want to put Wheeny Crk back a week or two i will join you then, just think this weekend is out because im heading back down for my last weekend down the snow.

Im keen to check it out for sure.

Yeah if the wheeny creek is in 2 weeks then I will come out as well - I've seen some videos online seems to be fun - but looks like limited tracks

Latest posts

Back