2013 xmas nav trip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will be in the new year mate tho we may plan a watagans trip soon

Yeah might do it on the new year - I'm pretty sure lot of people will start camping by next weekend, however if you guys decided to do watagans I migh tag.

Great photos Sparra - hope you guys enjoyed the camp

Was a great day fellas.. Good to see a few more d22s this time..Tyson's "muddies" do go well for what they are haha.. Maybe soon I'll regain my confidence in my nav and have a bit more of a go or a secret savings account from the gf to fix it! Cheers guys I'll get some photos off Ryan and post them

What have you broken before? When my tie rod broke on me in yalwal that opened my eyes and bought the pootrol :)

Yeah great drive by Tyson - hats off you mate tackled everything with a radials

He broke the front diff up at Mount walker. Was a real shame too because it was an easy climb. Should blaze it all now though with a V6 front diff and ARB locker.

Well wasn't that a great weekend!
Im so glad to have been out and about with you lot, A final Ho-rah before the family commitments set in for the festive season.

Needless to say A big thank you goes out to Nathan for his knowledge and information throughout the whole day, I would gladly go on a trip with him any day of the week.

As for the rest of you Lot, it was a pleasure meeting you all learning from you all its great to see Like minded people picking a time getting together and having a blast!

Bring on the next trip! i cant wait.
Alicia was on the camera all day and ended up with a stifling 355 odd photos, ive had them up loaded so you can all have a look see at your trucks in action :) i h ope the link works, there is a password on the album so those who want to have a look Send me a PM and ill shoot that straight over :) ( cant be to cautious these days)

Never the less Great to see you all and looking forward to the next trip!!

cheers guys

http://s177.photobucket.com/user/WRX_STI_MIKEY/library/Lightgow%204X4

Im so glad to have been out and about with you lot, A final Ho-rah before the family commitments set in for the festive season.

Needless to say A big thank you goes out to Nathan for his knowledge and information throughout the whole day, I would gladly go on a trip with him any day of the week.

As for the rest of you Lot, it was a pleasure meeting you all learning from you all its great to see Like minded people picking a time getting together and having a blast!

Alicia was on the camera all day and ended up with a stifling 355 odd photos, ive had them up loaded so you can all have a look see at your trucks in action :) i h ope the link works, there is a password on the album so those who want to have a look Send me a PM and ill shoot that straight over :) ( cant be to cautious these days)

cheers guys

Nice to see you again

Pm sent for the password cheers

That was an awesome trip, a great overnight camp and yet again I've learned stuff.

Most of all I learned to trust my instincts. I was talking to Mike on what looked like an impossible hill climb and said I can't see how a Navara would climb up - he said you just trust your truck and it goes. Sure enough, car after car, they came up - and I've got HD video footage of it. Yes Nevyn - including your climb too.

Where I learned to trust my instincts was after we were separated from the group. I wanted to get towards the campground and was advised to take a side road that would lead me to a main, smoother road and down to the sealed road. Sure enough it led us to the sealed road - but it was anything but smooth! There were some REALLY hairy moments - I am NOT an experienced off-roader at all - so when I was faced with a half-metre drop I didn't know what I could do. The half-metre deep rut was similarly disconcerting - but taking it slowly, we did it.

Both side steps are damaged now - the left one was hit at the Muster, got hit again this weekend and banged the right side as well. My paintwork has more battle scars than Judge Dredd and I can confirm that those big GME UHF antennae will bend right back almost to the bonnet.

I'll also confirm that the Tough Toys awning is a pretty good piece of kit. Here's a couple of shots:

Night shot with the light on:
attachment.php

And in the daylight:
attachment.php

Thanks to everyone who came, helped, organised, led, instructed, uplifted and/or enjoyed. It was a thoroughly enjoyed event.

Attachments

• 20131214_215057-resized.jpg
    20131214_215057-resized.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 139
  • 20131215_055555-resized.jpg
    20131215_055555-resized.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 120

cheers guys

PM sent

That was an awesome trip, a great overnight camp and yet again I've learned stuff.

Most of all I learned to trust my instincts. I was talking to Mike on what looked like an impossible hill climb and said I can't see how a Navara would climb up - he said you just trust your truck and it goes. Sure enough, car after car, they came up - and I've got HD video footage of it. Yes Nevyn - including your climb too.

Where I learned to trust my instincts was after we were separated from the group. I wanted to get towards the campground and was advised to take a side road that would lead me to a main, smoother road and down to the sealed road. Sure enough it led us to the sealed road - but it was anything but smooth! There were some REALLY hairy moments - I am NOT an experienced off-roader at all - so when I was faced with a half-metre drop I didn't know what I could do. The half-metre deep rut was similarly disconcerting - but taking it slowly, we did it.

Both side steps are damaged now - the left one was hit at the Muster, got hit again this weekend and banged the right side as well. My paintwork has more battle scars than Judge Dredd and I can confirm that those big GME UHF antennae will bend right back almost to the bonnet.

I'll also confirm that the Tough Toys awning is a pretty good piece of kit. Here's a couple of shots:

Night shot with the light on:
attachment.php

And in the daylight:
attachment.php

Thanks to everyone who came, helped, organised, led, instructed, uplifted and/or enjoyed. It was a thoroughly enjoyed event.
Nice to meet you tony and your wife

You have a nice setup touring nav

Awsome trip guys, had a blast cant wait for some more trips like it, great meeting you all (both familiar and who i`v never met) fantastic to see everyone getting along and always there to assist where needed.
Nath you did a great job and i`m sure were all very appreciative to have someone there to guide us through. I`v seen alot of recoveries (especially D40`s being pulled by the D22`s, but thats ok) No real damage which meant everyone got out some what unscathed, though after finding "the lost city" (in reverse) i`m scared to wash the mud off in case it falls apart or the boss see`s the new paint designs engraved on the old girl.
Some pic`s i took on the Iphone, not fantastic but still pretty good.

Cheers to all who attended.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Photos work for me just fine, Mike. Damn, Photobucket arrange a lot of cookies through a large variety of sites - I think I'll pull my albums from there.

Alicia took some great shots!

yeah try imageshack or imgur. I use both of them for my stuff. Cant check the photobucket link yet as i dont have the password

edit: album works fine for me

Hi Guy's,

Well with getting out to Newnes Sunday we were always going to be behind the eight ball with regards to any chance in catching up with you all.

We got out to the Beecroft Track & Glowworm Tunnel Rd State Forest Campsite Newnes just on 11am, a little later then planned, made a couple of calls on UHF Ch18 with no come backs, so Yvonne & I decided to explore the area on our own anyway.

Started following the Power Lines tracks west (just off Beecroft Track) for a while before heading over to Blackfellows Hand Track out to Wolgan Rd Lidsdale, thinking you guys may had been making your way back from Newnes Ruins Campsite.

From there we headed across to Lake Wallace at Wallerawang for a late lunch, so still an enjoyable day out even if we did miss catching up with you all.

So maybe next time we will be successful in catching up.

Cheers all

Latest posts

Back