My time in the nav is over... but thanks all the same!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baitfish

Reaction score
Hey Guys and Gals

Big thanks for all your help and info that has been supplied over the past years! Would have been stuck on many occasions without the info from this site.

A very big congrats to the Admin and Mods, you manage to keep this site very open and free flowing but still pull up the nonsense when the time calls for it! I don't know if its because i've been visiting for so long but i find the forum is very well set out, with everything having a place to go and everything in its place! The search function works great as well, been on another forum lately and that search function could learn a lot from navara.asia, well played! :cheers!:

My D22 has done a fuel pump, more to the point all symptoms point to the electronics on the pump itself. the filter started to leak air into the system on a trip out to work and by the time i got there and farted around trying to work out what was going on the ute started throwing a fault code. Injector timing fault.

used the forum and a few other sites to check for all the things that may lead to this fault but to no luck. installed a holley red lift pump, new fuel hoses and a $320 fuel manager filter kit with the same fault code coming up.

The ute goes into limp mode with this fault as well so it made for a long trip brining it home a couple of weeks later.

I bit the bullet and brought myself a new ute instead, probably to much disgust of navara.asia members, a MY15 glx dual cab triton. Replacing the fuel pump would have been a cheaper exercise around the $3500 mark but the thought of having a brand new ute with full warranty and cap price serving
and a few more luxuries swayed me towards spending the extra cash. I got the ute for 28k which i thought was a great price for the latest face lift model.

so now i'm trying to sell the ute as is with full disclosure about its pump and prices on repairs.

So thats my story guys, once again i'd like to thank everyone for the help and info and hope all goes well for your vehicles. i will still be floating around on the site but probably not as much, always enjoy reading the jokes and stories on the site!:dancing1:

It's like loosing a family member. Have fun with the new ride. They look good with a few mods. I see a few around my area that turn heads.
Cheers. Brad.

Enjoy the new ride, must admit if I was in a position financially to upgrade, I would seriously consider a ranger or a d40

Damn what a shame, but a triton really? Nar they arent too bad with a few mods and bloody cheap atm, pretty well got my heart set on a 3.2 ranger when its time for me to upgrade, but thats not any time soon!

Cheers
Bryan

shame to hear you are leaving and about the demise of the old girl, but for that sort of $$ i dont blame you at all and they are meant to be a pretty reliable and comfy ute.
I do know they really need the EGR mod done ASAP as they are bad for blocking up the manifold ect.

As Sparra said pop in and sow us some pics of the rig and and how you set it up.

Congrats on the new ride ....... If you are prone to loading up significantly look out for cracking through the oval hole in the chassis near where the front of the rear leaf attaches. Take a look you will see what I am talking about.
I do like a number of the features on the Triton though. I was quite torn between the d22 and a GLX. The pre rusted head board on EVERY one I looked at and inherent chassis flaw sold me on a brand new but (outdated) d22.

I would have loved to have gotten a Ranger myself but there was no chance of me finding an extra 12k to 15k+. It was a lot of number crunching and juggling to get the 28k for the triton.

i did a fair bit of research on the triton and the egr came up as the main concern, the chassis was a problem for people carrying large loads but for light work like myself it shouldnt be a problem.

blocking the egr seemed to be rather problematic in the past with cel codes been thrown from just blocking it off, but some blokes worked out away to "fool" the ecu with a simple resistor mod and stop it from opening the egr control valve at all.

After reading Bad Juju's comment about the rusted headboard i had to go look at mine for this rust, on the up side mine is shinny and rust free!

I put an iron man bull bar and ARB rear step bar myself not long after i got it home. I think it made it look a lot beefer straight up. i'll put some photos up when i get some clear ones.

On a sad note, i said good buy to the Nav yesterday. A bloke came around with his mate and they gave it the once over, asked a heaps of questions, then handed over the money. Was sad to see her go but at least it sounded like this bloke had some grand plans and long term use for her.

I would have loved to have gotten a Ranger myself but there was no chance of me finding an extra 12k to 15k+. It was a lot of number crunching and juggling to get the 28k for the triton.

i did a fair bit of research on the triton and the egr came up as the main concern, the chassis was a problem for people carrying large loads but for light work like myself it shouldnt be a problem.

blocking the egr seemed to be rather problematic in the past with cel codes been thrown from just blocking it off, but some blokes worked out away to "fool" the ecu with a simple resistor mod and stop it from opening the egr control valve at all.

After reading Bad Juju's comment about the rusted headboard i had to go look at mine for this rust, on the up side mine is shinny and rust free!

I put an iron man bull bar and ARB rear step bar myself not long after i got it home. I think it made it look a lot beefer straight up. i'll put some photos up when i get some clear ones.

On a sad note, i said good buy to the Nav yesterday. A bloke came around with his mate and they gave it the once over, asked a heaps of questions, then handed over the money. Was sad to see her go but at least it sounded like this bloke had some grand plans and long term use for her.

Sounds good Baitfish, looking forward to the pics.
saying goodbye to the Nav must of been like saying goodbye to an old mate, but at least its still going and you are in the new car.

Latest posts

Back