Go Back   The Navara Forum > General Discussions > Main Forum

Swapping fitout from 2006 to 2018 model
Old 05-12-2018, 09:08 AM

Smile Swapping fitout from 2006 to 2018 model

Hi all

Thanks for forums like this and the members that make them work. Bloody useful.

Have a 2006 D40 ute 4.0l petrol that has melted its dpf and killed its radiator and head gasket.

so... either find a replacement like for like engine (if anyone has one with not too many kms they are wanting to sell pls let me know at info@ningaloowhalesharks.com)

OR

buy a new one and try and cannibalise the old one for parts. old one is fully pimped out re canopy, brand new bull bar and spotties and light bar (thanks to a roo...), long range tank, side steps, reversing camera, etc etc etc. in fact almost new condition other than the bloody engine...

anyone have any ideas how I go about figuring out whether I can cannibalise some or all of the old navara before sell it to the wreckers re dimensions / sizes etc?

thanks v much for help

Matt
Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2018, 12:18 PM
Administrator

My Mood:
Garage

The chassis and tub are different, so the larger gear is gone - bullbar, canopy. The long range tank probably won't go underneath the same because the suspension was also redesigned.

eBay has a few options for you, I found this one but there are others (I can't vouch for their mileage, I just did a search for "d40 petrol engine").

Good luck :) if it was mine, I'd replace the motor, but I'd pull the motor down while it was out of the car and make sure it's 100% inside. Of course, you could just pop the spark plugs out and use an inspection cam these days!

Check out the FAQs by clicking here!

"Money can't buy happiness, but it does make misery a lot easier to deal with."

Old 05-12-2018, 09:36 PM

I’d probably look for the newest stock D40 I could find and transfer stuff, but I don’t buy new vehicles as a general rule.

Tags
bull bar, canopy, long range tank, swapping, transferring