disemble front locking hubs!how do you do it?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicszd30

Reaction score
Hi all, I have looked on the search engine but I can't seem to find any info on how to pull them apart for cleaning and re-packing?
It looks like there are some small metal tab's bent over holding it in- do I bend these back and then remove the locking system?

cheers vic

aiUgEjE.jpg

5 steps in the manual

Hi Fzrr, thanks for that but I'm ok with the rotors etc it's the "locking hub" itself that I want to pull apart and re grease with the same grease as used in the bearings. And fzrr don't do what that guy in the video does with the bearings- you don't pack bearings like that ok..

Hi JuJu, Thanks for that- I cant seem to down load and open the manual !
I cant really see how or what holds the locking hub together in your posted page ! It certainly looks like they come apart from your posted page but how- i'm betting it's those tabs but I don't want to try them until I know for sure. Maybe a little heat from one of those little jet gas lighters might save them tabs from breaking off- what do you think? cheers vic

take the allen head bolts out and give it a whack with a bit soft wood or a soft blow hammer.
A couple of sharp blows should be enough.
No heat will be required.

take the allen head bolts out and give it a whack with a bit soft wood or a soft blow hammer.
A couple of sharp blows should be enough.
No heat will be required.

I think you'll find he's talking about the actual hub, not separating it from the axle.

OH OK you cant just unbolt the whole hub off the disk, its got to be disassembled as per ^^ LASTLY you can take the hub of the disk ..... unless the cir-clip is already missing.

Guys I am looking at pulling the "manual locking hub" itself apart for cleaning and lubricating!
Nothing to do with the "rotors/bearings or driveline etc." .

I have he hubs removed and all I can see that is holing it together is the 4 tabs "one of which is a different shape" . I don't want to just start bending fine metal tabs and find out it's wrong or I brake them.. It does look like the 4 tabs need to be straitened so it will slide apart.. I'll get some pick's ....

ok it unscrews but it's the alignment to put it back together that's got me stumped now! any suggestions ?

Thanks JuJu, but nothing like it. Got it apart buy pressing down the gear ring and turning the cenre section (the circular piece with the tabs) clock wise. To get it back in is rather complicated to explain but I will shoot some picks tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Thanks everyone who's helped and if you are interested I will post some pic's for you. It's just hard to document with vid and pic's whilst your in the middle of it all with oily hands.

It's a tricky process as it comes down to mm to get it set up right.

thanks again all.

Latest posts

Back