d22 intercooler

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here is the finished product of my navara with the intercooler including all black pipes bonnet cut out and painted scoop installed. also i welded up 2 brackets for the cooler tapped a air sensor into it to run to the factory reader and digital boost gauge. along with all that i installed a manual turbo adjuster valve and more. hope you like the pics

Attachments

• IMG_2346.jpg
    IMG_2346.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_2308.jpg
    IMG_2308.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_2310.jpg
    IMG_2310.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_2327.jpg
    IMG_2327.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_2334.jpg
    IMG_2334.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 272
Yea i have noticed a difference and quite like the look of it. hopefully will make a bigger difference with an exhaust chip and tune. Worth the money and effort if you are looking at intercooling. :)

ben85 could you please tell me what silicone hoses you used for your top mount if you can remember. very keen on doing it exactly the same. cheers

ben85 could you please tell me what silicone hoses you used for your top mount if you can remember. very keen on doing it exactly the same. cheers

look back through the other pages of this thread. its in there somewhere.

Ben85, thanks mate found it near the start. may sound like a stupid question but where abouts are the two 2'' alloy joiners used ? cheers

id like to add my 2c to this
- cooler isnt mounted. Its free floating
- Heat sook is going to be huge. Even with a bonnet vent.

after 22years racing and building cars if you want to go a cooler do a side mount or front mount. Plenty of options around.. As for a lag increase on these even in a front mount situation its minimal. Dyno time will show this

id like to add my 2c to this
- cooler isnt mounted. Its free floating
- Heat sook is going to be huge. Even with a bonnet vent.

after 22years racing and building cars if you want to go a cooler do a side mount or front mount. Plenty of options around.. As for a lag increase on these even in a front mount situation its minimal. Dyno time will show this

mines mounted, some are not but that's upto the person fitting the cooler.

if doing it again i would probably go the big top mount as the setup in the navrol build thread.

its hard to go a front mount with an 80series airbox, steel bar and winch, theres going to be a compromise somewhere.

at least this setup is fairly straight forward, cheap, and offers some protection against a fragmented turbo compressor wheel.

if u dont have an 80series airbox the new forefront kits look like good bang for buck.

noone has really done any pre and post inetercooler temp readings on these setups so its hard to say exactly how effective they comparatively are.

Regarding the mini top mount intercooler setup that this thread was originally about...
Has any one had any trouble with the silicone bend attached to the turbo?
Mine split, wasn't from rubbing on the bottom of the cooler either.

Attachments

• 20140106_115431-resized-960.jpg
    20140106_115431-resized-960.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 201
Regarding the mini top mount intercooler setup that this thread was originally about...
Has any one had any trouble with the silicone bend attached to the turbo?
Mine split, wasn't from rubbing on the bottom of the cooler either.

yep, the exact same thing happened to mine. same hose and all.

drove home 2 hours with it duct taped up trying to stay below 10lb boost otherwise it would leak heaps of boost.
although justjap did replace the hose free of charge, i bought another locally cos i needed the ute going but at least i got a spare.

id also just suspect its cheap hose, mine has a clear minimum 10mm clearance.

id also just suspect its cheap hose, mine has a clear minimum 10mm clearance.

Damn, I got just Jap hose the second time round hoping it would be better than the eBay one that split...
Think its just a weak point in the setup, next time mine goes pop I'm gonna sort out a metal bend

Hey fellas, does anyone happen to know if the JDM Performance micro intercooler is still available? I can't find them on ebay. Otherwise I will give them a call direct. I was thinking about stuffing around with an XR6 intercooler but I reckon the JDM one might be easier. My motives are purely protection from turbo failure (my Nav has done nearly 190,000 kms and I'm assuming it's still the original turbo). I think I may still have to mount it at the front though, as I've put an auxiliary battery at the rear left side of the engine bay and, looking at bridge888's photos at the start of this thread, the pipe work used to achieve top mount would be right where my fuel filter now sits.

Latest posts

Back