d22 intercooler

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cant wait that is my very next mod also will it be rubber mounted i seen others bolt right to chassis and i dont think it will last very long on the ruff roads

Will they fit with a body lift?
Also interested in how the pipes run.

body lift will be fine except the 2 engine connections....which may need some extension. Im keeping the pics close to my chest untill production is almost done...took a lot of work to get the this point....i know the kit may not make everyone happy...but its the best of a bad situation

cant wait that is my very next mod also will it be rubber mounted i seen others bolt right to chassis and i dont think it will last very long on the ruff roads

it is hard mounted to the body at this point...but some dam big mounts.

body lift will be fine except the 2 engine connections....which may need some extension. Im keeping the pics close to my chest untill production is almost done...took a lot of work to get the this point....i know the kit may not make everyone happy...but its the best of a bad situation

it is hard mounted to the body at this point...but some dam big mounts.

any pics yet mate

Both kits are finished and in production now a small wait untill they are finished and i get them.... Finished kit pics will be posted up soon.... I didnt really want to post prototype kits for a couple of reasons but can show select people if they pm me

Hello. I'm new here and intrested in this intercooler project. Just a quick question. For the factory boost sensor air hose, can I tee it into any other air hoses? Because if I get rid of that silver pipe from the turbo to the intake, which has that air barb for the boost sensor hose. Just wondering how would I supply air back into the boost sensor hose. Any help??

Most people weld a barb for the pipe and the mount for the plug onto that pipe.
Have a look for some of the other intercooler posts using the search function. Quite a few people have posted pics of their setup

Fore those watching the kits i have been making....i will have full pics of both kits installed by next thursday ( finished product) ---- but mass production comes in 3 weeks later

and GDzR1....yehp if making a kit your self...weld or drill and tap a barb into piping....you can go off front of turbo...but you probably have boost gauge and wastegate running off that

I finished my top mount micro cooler today (without the scoop yet) see how it goes!

Attachments

• IMAG0902.jpg
    IMAG0902.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 308
Just thought I'd put an update on my setup.
I've made a shroud/spacer for the fan, so now the fan sits up in the scoop, also made a rubber seal to stop engine bay air being drawn into the fan.
As the fan is wider than the cooler the shroud stops air flow going past the sides of the cooler.
Also I have a 2" body lift so that's why the shroud is quite high.

Attachments

• 20130814_174716-resized-960.jpg
    20130814_174716-resized-960.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 273
  • 20130815_132608-resized-960.jpg
    20130815_132608-resized-960.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 253
fairly neat setup there.

it would be interesting to fit a temp sensor pre and post cooler to see how much effect different setups have.

After finally been home from work I got the scoop done today, made a massive difference! Improved torque and lower egts. A slight noise from the cooler but not too much at all!

Latest posts

Back