Common Rail or Direct Injection?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiwited

Reaction score
Hello

I have a ST-R 2.5 CR, I am assuming the CR refers to Common Rail? The build date is 02/2008.

Can anyone advise when Common Rail was introduced to the ST-R 2.5, and where can one find the ECU?

Thanks

Ted

You have common rail. I wouldn't know were the ecu is but the plug into the cars brain, is under the steering wheel on the left hand side.

Hello
Just looked in the dash left side of the steering column, there is a DB Radio gadget in the way! I am looking at a remap. The 'remapper' wants to know what model of ECU it has. He is hoping that it is 'Denso D3' because it is possible to Read and Write to. Tomorrow I will remove the CB box and have a better look!
Thanks
Ted

afaik 08 is first year CR world wide. only year d22 was not made was 07 when factory was shifted and the change to CR.

Good luck with trying to re map a Nissan ECU, they are one of the hardest to crack. A piggy back ECU or chip is the only solution.

re mapping it will be easy enough. plenty of crowds do the d40 and i suspect it will be the exact same ecu as them.

i had always thought that joshy's d22 was an 07.....i made note of it as it was one of the only one's i had heard of.

just re-read his build thread - he bought it brand new in early 07, but its probably 06 plated.

yes, nissan here was importing d22's from anywhere they could for '07. they will be '06's.
however what i don't know is what month they stopped/started production. eg there may 1/07's around.

Latest posts

Back