Help!? Blacking out headlights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aren't they just an aftermarket headlight?
Nup. You can get aftermarket ones but they are like $300+ with hids. Don't really want to spend that much that's why I'm looking for the diy method.

You can darken the headlights but that's a LOT of effort. Blindfolds are much easier.

Seriously: if you're after a look like Jased22 pointed out above, you might find that buying them is easier. Also as pointed out, actually making the glass darker (which directly equates to less light being transmitted) will make you a target for cops. They might not be after you today, but they might one day, or maybe one will have a bad day and pull you over and give you a canary just to get back at the world.

What are these blindfolds you speak of?! Haha
I don't want to darken the glass, that's the way everyone seemed to take it though. I didn't know what the mod was called so thats the only way I could explain it.

I don't want to darken the glass, that's the way everyone seemed to take it though. I didn't know what the mod was called so thats the only way I could explain it.

Well god dammit explain yourself properly next time woman! Haha just kidding

The inside casing of the headlights are plastic aren't they?? If so you need to work out how to remove the glass safely and maybe just prime/paint with a plastic type paint.....

Just my two cents worth.:confused2:

Try searching for it on google. The search function on this site is pretty useless
Yeah I'll have a look tonight. Do you know what the actual mod is called? It's obviously not blacked out headlights because that quite clearly confused the shit out of everyone. Haha

Yeah I'll have a look tonight. Do you know what the actual mod is called? It's obviously not blacked out headlights because that quite clearly confused the shit out of everyone. Haha

Her.d22 try do a Google search for black euro headlights or black xenon HID's...... That is the proper name for the look your after...... Maybe try also diy.. Black euro lights etc......

Just trying to help :tazzy:

Its called painting headlights/cleaning lenses. Dont know how to post a link sorry

I may even do this one I like the look, plus I'm getting mysty shit in my lights.

Latest posts

Back