Help!? Blacking out headlights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

her.d22

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've had a look but can't seem to find anything on it, has anyone got a write up on how to black out headlights? Wanting to do it on my D22.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

Tint spray, usually used for tail lights as tinted headlights = less light... or take em out wrap old stockings around them like fully sick bros do to their VL turbos.

I think as the D22 have a terrible light as it is (though u r right it would look great), I wouldn't do it as u need all the light u can get with the D22.

This is what she means

Attachments

• e49040a1.jpg
    e49040a1.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 190
I work for an insurance company and I would recommend against it.

you are right
it is illegal to tint or alter headlights/taillights without them being ADR compliant
not only that it makes you instant "cop bait"
and it can void insurance

Wasn't it 4by4 that did it. I think you have to heat the whole housing up to soften the sealant so you can seperate the clear cover from the main body.

You can darken the headlights but that's a LOT of effort. Blindfolds are much easier.

Seriously: if you're after a look like Jased22 pointed out above, you might find that buying them is easier. Also as pointed out, actually making the glass darker (which directly equates to less light being transmitted) will make you a target for cops. They might not be after you today, but they might one day, or maybe one will have a bad day and pull you over and give you a canary just to get back at the world.

Wasn't it 4by4 that did it. I think you have to heat the whole housing up to soften the sealant so you can seperate the clear cover from the main body.
Yeah that's what I've heard. I just want to get the temps right so I don't cremate them haha. A guy on the D22 facebook page said there was a write up on here but yet to find it. I'll check out 4by4's threads ;)

Cause less light is a good thing:unsure:
Totally haha. Nah just inside the casing around the lights...
Tint spray, usually used for tail lights as tinted headlights = less light... or take em out wrap old stockings around them like fully sick bros do to their VL turbos.
Old stockings hahaha. It won't be going over the light itself...only the casing around it.

Pretty sure its a bad idea and something that not many people would bother doing. I work for an insurance company and I would recommend against it.
It's not affecting the light quality.
I think as the D22 have a terrible light as it is (though u r right it would look great), I wouldn't do it as u need all the light u can get with the D22.
Yeah, the light output is shit but around the casing shouldn't affect the light quality?

Last edited:
Back