Correct springs and bullbar weight

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carro

Reaction score
im currently having a discussion with TJM about the springs they fitted to my truck when i had bullbar, brush bars, side steps and winch fitted. they recommended the regular heavy duty and i trusted they knew what they were doing.

the front end has now sagged about 15-20mm in the last 2 weeks and feels sloppy and ploughy when cornering and braking.

the reg heavy duty coils are for 50-80kg constant and the extra heavy duty are 80kg+ constant load.

i guess im just after some opinions that the weights i have calculated are correct and if i am in the right by assuming TJM would/should add the weights up before installing a set of springs.

t13 deluxe steel bar - 50kg
brush bars - 10kg (for the pair)
runva xp11 winch - 32kg
snorkel - 3kg
bash plates - 5-10kg

so approx 105kgs?

im currently having a discussion with TJM about the springs they fitted to my truck when i had bullbar, brush bars, side steps and winch fitted. they recommended the regular heavy duty and i trusted they knew what they were doing.

the front end has now sagged about 15-20mm in the last 2 weeks and feels sloppy and ploughy when cornering and braking.

the reg heavy duty coils are for 50-80kg constant and the extra heavy duty are 80kg+ constant load.

i guess im just after some opinions that the weights i have calculated are correct and if i am in the right by assuming TJM would/should add the weights up before installing a set of springs.

t13 deluxe steel bar - 50kg
brush bars - 10kg (for the pair)
runva xp11 winch - 32kg
snorkel - 3kg
bash plates - 5-10kg

so approx 105kgs?

Yeah mate they 100% should of at the very least calculated all the add ons, idealy the car should be weighed on each corner so the can really dial it in, i know thats what Ultimate Suspension do.

TJM replaced my front coils today with extra heavy duty - lift went from 540mm to 580mm. Pretty obvious that the standard heavy duty werent up to the task of all the gear on the front end. It feels a heap better to drive (feels lighter on the steering wheel and doesnt nose dive under braking) and no longer looks like a door stop. Win.

Im in the same boat as you carro, I got the suspension done by TJM and i told them what I had on my car (ARB Deluxe Bar, Winch, and afew spotties and led bars) and they suggested the heavy duty springs on the front and its taking a nose dive pretty bad. Otherwise it rides very nice, i have had suggestions from some people to put small spacers in or replace the coils with the V6 version, but since they replaced yours I may give them a call and see If i can get a swap done.

With a bar and winch ect they 100% put the wrong coils in, no doubt they should be EXTRA heavy duty for the weight you have up front.

Im in the same boat as you carro, I got the suspension done by TJM and i told them what I had on my car (ARB Deluxe Bar, Winch, and afew spotties and led bars) and they suggested the heavy duty springs on the front and its taking a nose dive pretty bad. Otherwise it rides very nice, i have had suggestions from some people to put small spacers in or replace the coils with the V6 version, but since they replaced yours I may give them a call and see If i can get a swap done.

the extra heavy duties are rated at 80kg+ where as the regular heavy duties are rated at 50-80kg. you defo should have the extra. the spacers might fix the height issue but they wont fix the fact that your truck is under sprung. i think this would effect tyre wear, shock wear and handling.

yeah I went to a suspension place today and spoke to a guy and I had a good look at the adjustable new Ironman Foam Cell Pro shocks and some extra heavy duty Tough Dog coils. Thinking of doing an entire front swap over and selling my front TJM kit as a complete whole to someone whos just after a lift without too much extra weight in the front. As I do like the look of the new Ironman adjustable shocks very solid.

Also I did a measurement from Centre of Rim to Top Guard and I only got 30mm lift from front which is quite disappointing, and I got 40mm in the rear which im happy with. But its really made the car look silly with a difference of about 40mm between front and rear. Obviously the rear is meant to be a touch higher but 40mm looks silly.

Last edited:
yeah the extra weight would be limiting your lift height. mine was 540mm with wrong springs and 580mm with correct springs - very big difference.

how ling have you have the suspension in for?

yeah I went to a suspension place today and spoke to a guy and I had a good look at the adjustable new Ironman Foam Cell Pro shocks and some extra heavy duty Tough Dog coils. Thinking of doing an entire front swap over and selling my front TJM kit as a complete whole to someone whos just after a lift without too much extra weight in the front. As I do like the look of the new Ironman adjustable shocks very solid.

Also I did a measurement from Centre of Rim to Top Guard and I only got 30mm lift from front which is quite disappointing, and I got 40mm in the rear which im happy with. But its really made the car look silly with a difference of about 40mm between front and rear. Obviously the rear is meant to be a touch higher but 40mm looks silly.

Hey mate i just recently added v6 dobinson springs and adjustable iron man foam cell pro struts to my 2.5 lt d40 and it lifted the front 3 inches :) with a arb bar and lights... That's is from factory specs 3 inches that's after it settled the 10mm

Awesome results benchris, Ive had the TJM lift in for about 2-3 months so not too happy but out with the old in with the new booked in to change over my front to the Iron man Cell Pro Struts and some extra heavy duty coil springs so should get it back to where i NEEDS to be :)

Latest posts

Back