Go Back   The Navara Forum > D22 > D22 Engine

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

2013 D22 Liqui Moly Purge
  #1  
Old 03-06-2015, 03:36 AM
phxeent phxeent is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: melbourne
Posts: 28
My Mood:
Default 2013 D22 Liqui Moly Purge

Hi,

I have a 2013 D22. Would like to do a Diesel purge. I have looked at Rusty Navs post on the purge with pics. Iam just not sure which hoses to connect, as It looks as though the fuel lines are routed a lil diff. Was wondering if someone maybe had some pics??.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

  #2  
Old 03-06-2015, 07:09 AM
bradm84's Avatar
bradm84 bradm84 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 143
Default

Hi mate, I recently did mine but it's a 2009 model. Should be the same though. I did it slightly different to rustynav though so maybe this way might work for you.
I used 6mm clear tube from bunnings and a $5 fuel filter from super cheap.
Then I took the fuel line off the cars fuel filter that is closest to the cab and hose clamped it into the small filter I bought. Then ran clear tube from the small filter back to the container of purge fluid.
Then on the other side of the motor is the return line, same as in rustynav's post, it was the top hose on mine. I just pulled that hose off and ran the clear hose from that barb back to my container of purge fluid.
Other than that I followed rustynavs how to and all was good.

Here's the line setup on the passenger side.
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1433311630724.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	221.8 KB
ID:	20344

This one shows the return line going back over to the container.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1433311680859.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	223.7 KB
ID:	20345

Zoomed in on the barb for the return line.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1433311714904.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	20346
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 03-06-2015, 08:48 AM
bods's Avatar
bods bods is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Orelia, WA
Posts: 4,727
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradm84 View Post
Hi mate, I recently did mine but it's a 2009 model. Should be the same though. I did it slightly different to rustynav though so maybe this way might work for you.
I used 6mm clear tube from bunnings and a $5 fuel filter from super cheap.
Then I took the fuel line off the cars fuel filter that is closest to the cab and hose clamped it into the small filter I bought. Then ran clear tube from the small filter back to the container of purge fluid.
Then on the other side of the motor is the return line, same as in rustynav's post, it was the top hose on mine. I just pulled that hose off and ran the clear hose from that barb back to my container of purge fluid.
Other than that I followed rustynavs how to and all was good.

Here's the line setup on the passenger side.
Attachment 20344

This one shows the return line going back over to the container.

Attachment 20345

Zoomed in on the barb for the return line.

Attachment 20346
Pretty sure the feed line to the pump is the one just below the return line in your 3rd pic.
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 03-06-2015, 11:35 AM
bradm84's Avatar
bradm84 bradm84 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bods View Post
Pretty sure the feed line to the pump is the one just below the return line in your 3rd pic.
Yep, sure is. If you follow that hose around to the fuel filter, that's the one I connected up to my small filter and clear tube.
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 03-06-2015, 12:30 PM
bods's Avatar
bods bods is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Orelia, WA
Posts: 4,727
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradm84 View Post
Yep, sure is. If you follow that hose around to the fuel filter, that's the one I connected up to my small filter and clear tube.
Thought so lol. I was only going from memory. Been a while since i did mine. I didn't pour any of the cleaner into another container though, just poked the hoses back into the can. You can see the level inside it easily enough.
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 07-06-2015, 01:45 AM
phxeent phxeent is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: melbourne
Posts: 28
My Mood:
Default

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated. Followed ya pics and steps. Very helpful. Ran the clean. No 'dirt' whatsoever in return line. Clean as. Really cant notice any difference. So guessin the injectors weren't dirty. Was more for a preventative thing. Also I only run Bp Ultimate diesel and 350 ml Two stroke on a full fill. So it must do something. Thanks Again Nath
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 07-06-2015, 10:00 PM
bradm84's Avatar
bradm84 bradm84 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxeent View Post
Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated. Followed ya pics and steps. Very helpful. Ran the clean. No 'dirt' whatsoever in return line. Clean as. Really cant notice any difference. So guessin the injectors weren't dirty. Was more for a preventative thing. Also I only run Bp Ultimate diesel and 350 ml Two stroke on a full fill. So it must do something. Thanks Again Nath
No worries. When I ran the clean I didn't notice any dirt come out either. But I know my injectors were dirty because it made a big to difference to the noise and smoothness of the motor. So yeah, if your injectors were already clean you wouldn't notice that so much, but I think still not a bad thing to do every now and then to clean up all the other nooks and crannies of the fuel system...
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 14-06-2018, 09:55 PM
gazza414 gazza414 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NSW
Posts: 818
Default

anyone posted the install and run on youtube ?
__________________
2005 Landcruiser V8
2012 STR 2.5
1 Fast Hayabusa 217.443mph on the salt
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 15-06-2018, 08:42 AM
bods's Avatar
bods bods is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Orelia, WA
Posts: 4,727
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazza414 View Post
anyone posted the install and run on youtube ?
Not me, but i did just get another can of this to run through mine as it is starting to hunt a bit on cold starts.

Do you want a video of it? I will be running it through either sunday or monday.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 15-06-2018, 03:40 PM
Horatius Horatius is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Aus
Posts: 107
Default

There are plenty of vids on this, though not of Navs specifically. From memory an easy way (on 3 litre at least) is simply take the line that goes to the pump off your fuel filter, drop it in the tin of magic and tie the tin somewhere around the firewall. Then take the return line off the pump and clamp some cheap clear hose that you get from bunnings for next to nothing (couple of metres should be plenty) in it's place and put the other end in the tin. Make sure both hoses sit near the bottom (especially the one going to the pump, don't want to run it dry), start 'er up and follow the directions.

When finished turn it off, replace hoses, get fuel pump plunger up to pressure and you're good to go.

This is obviously only an opinion and I wouldn't wish to dissuade you from giving it a go, but an even easier way to get exactly the same effect on your injectors would be to use the money you would have spent on the "purge" stuff, give it to a witchdoctor and ask him to cast a spell on it. lol.

Last edited by Horatius; 15-06-2018 at 04:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:42 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
| Home | Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Today's Posts | Search | New Posts |