D22 Problems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah cheers, just trying to figure out if the yellow connects to and comes off the same terminal, or connects to one and comes off the other, as i put in the diagram.

Looking at your pics, those wires have been cut......bit suss.

tho get them all connected and with some TLC she'll be a gem...

enjoy.

Thanks for the tip mate, don't worry i cut them, most of the wires at the terminals were pretty stuffed from whatever ripped them apart. figured i'd just connect new wires up. Yeah pretty keen to get her running smooth, she''s a good work horse.

Getting the speed sensor out is gonna be a pain in the arse by the looks of it.

Just had a look under mine and here is what I could see,
wire.png

Hope this helps.
Stick some pic up of your rig as well mate! :rock:

Well got the 4WD light working, so that's progress lol no luck on the reverse lights or gettin the senser out so far.

the cables are all paried, so there should be no need to link any cables to each other.

Cant get to the wires if you can see what my problem is, so are the Y/W for the 4WD light only? Thanks for all the help so far.

Attachments

• navara2.jpg
    navara2.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 1,940
Ahh I see. yeah that is where those green wires head.
Looks to me like you could just remove the phillips head bolt and pull it straight out

That is the Reverse light switch that you have circled.<Wrong info
It is actually the Vehicle Speed Sensor.

I'd imagine that the yellow and white wires would be speedo and 4WD light.

Last edited:
Yeah been trying to pull it but i dont want to put too much pressure on it cause' i've read they are rather fragile, but yeah hooked up the Y/W wires and got the 4WD light to work but not the speedo if thats what they are for.

Ok I have just been searching through the manual and that is actually the Speed Sensor.
Cannot find a way to remove it in the manual though. The sender wire will be the white one for the speed.

Yep so the the R/W to the speed sensor and i guess ill just hook up the Y/W to where it was before, really just worried about the speedo and reverse lights, just hope the sensor isn't stuffed cause they are not cheap to replace!

Thanks mate, ill get under and have a look, if anyone has removed a speed sensor before any help would be appreciated.

Bit of an old thread, but it helped me out today. Speedo stopped working and get underneath to find the only sensor with cables left was the reverse switch!

Never knew there was meant to be a 4wd light on the dash but its there now! all fixed with minimal burns from soldering upside down, so im pretty happy

its a bit confusing when you have no wires left so i did up a drawing for anyone who might need it in future

This is on 98 d22 qd32 and i tried to draw it so that it makes sense when youre under there

im not 100% sure which is the 4wd and which is the neutral switch, i also ditched the plugs (what was left of them)

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back