Fuel filter/sedimenter

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dangerousdave

Reaction score
I have a 2006 manual 2.5 D40. On the passenger side there is what appears to be a second fuel filter. I am assuming it is that and how often is it replaced and what part number is it? Can/should it be swapped for a sencondary fuel filter such as Fuel Manager 100?
Any advice would be much appreciated.

I would leave it there and replace every 10k...some guys hear have said having 2 fuel filters can kill your fuel pump and others said its been ok so far...i would be more inclined to replace the existing with similar to the terrain tamer 100 series

It is likely to be an aftermarket job, as ours only have the one. There's been talk of fitting an extra filter and as nismo says, there are issues with fuel delivery - the standard pump has problems lifting the fuel from the tank and hauling it through 2 filters. Some people opt for a lift pump.

If yours has been working, I'd either replace it with the identical unit, or get one that has less resistance to flow - the one pointed to by nismo is a winner.

Here's a thread with pics: click here. Useful info!

The fuel manager filters are the go, get a 2 micron filter and plumb it up after the factory filter to catch water before it gets into the pump, used to fit heaps of them to verious 4wd never saw a problem with em

Models out of Thailand have this second filter. Mine does as well. 10k replacement intervals are ok.

Nissan put the second filter in for most regions with notoriously dirty fuel such as the Caribbean and Africa.

I'm glad they did. Ive had both filters clog up alarmingly quick a few times.

Do you know if both filters have the same part number?..or for that matter do they state the micron rating?

They are not the same part number, they're shaped very differently. I'll try and get the part nr for you.

Is the 2006 D40 a Thai build? There was no description of the actual model of vehicle. If the VIN starts with "MNT" it's made in Thailand, but if it starts with "VSK" it's a Spainish build and the extra filter is after-market.

Haven't found the part nr yet, but these are the filters and their locations on a Thai built, again, very different parts
mini-DSCF15462.jpg

Thanks everybody and especially bluenavara. Mine has a VSK vin but the filters are exactly as per your pictures. It looks like factory as the connection between filters is hose/pipe/hose and it was a South Australian delivered vehicle.

Thanks Montana
I guess this brings me back to the original question.
Is it worth using the "plumbing" and replacing it with a Fuel Manager 100?

why i used the 252x it is avalable anywhere,cheap,same thread and original water indicator/drain screws in

Latest posts

Back