D40 Guage pod

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morticus

Reaction score
Now i dont know about anyone else, but i dont use the slippery soap holder (coin tray) on the top of the dash. I imagine that some nice binnacle guages like the HSVs have in them would look quite nice. You could run a boost guage and whatever you could possibly think of in there. Any one seen anything like this done in a navara before? Apart from pillar guages being illegal, the binnacle ones wouldnt be, an they wouldnt be any higher that the steering wheel. While installing my new stereo, the flimsy plastic bits that hold the clips snapped off as well, so now it rattles worse than it did before. Now im not one for business ventures (well not at the moment anyway) but id sure as shit buy one if they were available...

I Have a mate that is an auto trimmer, and is starting to do some fiberglass work. Im still in the process of getting it sorted. Well done Jimmy, thats the same way i was thinking. How is the curve compared to the dash?

Like this?

imag0909x.jpg

ill be finishing mine of next week.

Last edited:
curves are identical except for the front which has a bow in it but alittle sanding should do

gunning... Nice Job..

but cant say im a fan of those style ones... because they just pop up out from the base and often doesnt have that clean look..

not saying its going to look bad. just a personal preference, cause its not if i like it, but if you like it that counts

What base did you use there gunning or did you custom make it all yourself? That looks awesome!

hey guys i have done mine allready been done for about 3 months now used a vy vz gauge binicle and cut it up to fit in the pocket a little recessed. i used 2 part polyurethane glue to adhease it together and sanded it back its just like bog primed it and painted it the same colour as they rest of the dash ;let me know what u think

Last edited:
just a few pics of my gauge holder that i made

Attachments

• phone 016.jpg
    phone 016.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 869
  • phone 032.jpg
    phone 032.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 450
  • phone 050.jpg
    phone 050.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 579