How much FUEL can be USED in the TANK before you RUN OUT?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmacca

Reaction score
Guys....

Just curious here, but with the D22 125ltr LR fuel Tanks as to how far can you drain them down b4 u start to run out of fuel?

I know u should never get down to those sorts of levels in your tank, but I'm mainly looking at a emergency situation here where for some reason u get caught out (eg: town has no fuel) and u have to test the limits of your fuel tank capacity. How Low have people let their fuel tanks go b4 they started to notice problems??

The most I've ever put in is 114ltrs..... which apparently leaves 11ltrs left?
I was quite surprised that it got down to that level considering the large FLAT surface area of the LR Tank....

rob

Take a full jerry with you on a sunday drive and try to run out near a servo so you don't skew your results, it can be a fun experiment. Just don't forget to prime the pump.

The fun part is trying to run out near a servo :big_smile:

My standard D40 stopped with 3.9 litres in the tank (or something like that I can't remember the exact figure but it's in a thread here somewhere). Mine only ran out at that time because I was parked on a steep incline 20 meters from the pump, had I not had to wait for the pump to be free and the area was flat I have no doubt that the car wouldn't have stopped right there and then.

Yeah my fuel light comes on at around 1100km's to 1150km's.

Depends how I have been driving it.

I have put in 123litres to my surprise...I carried around a 20 litre drum just in case.

I travel approx 1000kms per week..so knowing what distance I can travel is important.

When I put the long range tank in I filled it slowly by a drum..took 10litres for the reserve light to go out...this can change depending on how you "bend" the float arm....the pickup is spring loaded against the bottom of the tank..and yes there is a large flat area...so going up or down hills will influence when she runs out or "coughs"

DSCF7380.jpg

I'm having the same issues with a fuel and water tank I'm designing for my off road trailer

2.jpg

1.jpg

I think I've mentioned it somewhere b4 but on my old 60's Cruiser, the Aux Tank I had modified to have a small rectangle/bowl section welded to the bottom where the pickup was re-directed. This did 2 things....1. pretty much use 100% of the tank capacity 2. Helped in situations where u were low on fuel & u were going up hills, u didn't necessarily run out of fuel..... depending on how long the hill was, etc

Its interestjng that picture of the tank. Im sure it says Long Ranger and im sure mine is a long ranger aswell and looks totally different. My tank has a large flat surface but it leans back towards the rear diff pushing all the fuel to that end. Also the bung is in a different location closer to the driveshaft side of tank.

Squeezed 118ish in mine aswell and felt asif i had plenty more in it aswell..

Rusty

Back