Removing chrome mirror covers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All depends ! you could use a angle grinder but the sparks would prob stuff the paint work ! Sorry ......... Comon all you D40 boys , Surely somone has replaced the mirrors , Being Hair dressers and all ...:saberfighting:.... Ha ha Sorry .. Free bump.

Removing the whole mirror itself is easy, but you can remove the chrome STX covers. I want to plastidip the chrome but not with it still attached to the car obviously

The mirror assembly is held on with 3 nuts behind a plastic cover on the door. I had mine off but there wasnt a cover that I could see. The housing is chromed and the mirror assembly fits into that .

Remove the glass, remove 3x screws that hold the mirror motor. Fold the mirror in to the vehicle remove the bottom screw from there you can get to the cover fingers that hold the cover to the housing.

Have a look on YouTube as there is a video on removing glass. Once glass is out the cover clips out. Mirrors are bloody expensive at the dealers but much cheaper on eBay. I say this as they are dead easy to crack. (I broke both) If using plasti dip I would suggest masking on vehicle as any overspray would just peel away anyway.

I was considering drop sheets all over the car and masking off but seemed easier to take the covers off. But now you say its easy to crack the mirrors, i might just mask the car....

Thanks mate much appreciated!

Don't need to remove glass, just angle glass into car and you can see the plastic clips that hold it on, just need a small flat screwdriver to push them out the way and it pops off

Latest posts

Back