Go Back   The Navara Forum > D22 > D22 Suspension & Steering

Old 05-03-2013, 10:40 AM
"The Lone Ranger"

Garage

I know Dave(admin) has had allot of probs with the springs and the service and he is talking about other avenues to try and get his $$ back
Arctic white 2012 ST, ARB deluxe bar, ARB bash plates, ARB Rear Bar, Kingone 12000lb winch, dyneema rope, Scotty's Sliders, 33"/285/75/16 Kuhmo KL71 M/T's on Black 5 spoke rims, Rihno racks, Narva 225's, Safari snorkel, lift From ULTIMATE SUSPENSION, NO SWAY BAR

SOLD THE BLACK 2010 D40 ST and sunk the 06 D22

http://www.navaramuster.com.au/

-----
Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2013, 10:44 AM

Well if that's the way I definitely will not be going sax in my d40 strictly for the principle with you guys no service from me now thanks for the input guys. I'm gonna stick to the original plan get my bilstein adjustables from the states and go dobinsons springs all round.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:12 AM

I'll second all of the coments about Sax and their poor customer service.

When I explained to John (the owner I believe) the problems I am having with
his springs and shocks, he hung up on me !! Thats good for business...Not

fj

Old 05-03-2013, 11:21 AM

Garage

I agree, sax products and customer service sux.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:29 AM

Excuse the French but what a ****wit, who hangs up on a customer. Oh yeah as for monster rides trying to move there product (ie sax) I would think twice about, because you would expect the same not negative comments and then sax trying to offload there springs and struts instead.

Old 05-03-2013, 12:36 PM

My Mood:

Hope they're at the 4wd show this year- I'll be sure to mention everybody's feedback.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:36 AM

Just had a look at the Brisbane 4x4 and tinne show list and sax suspension has a still there under the CVSS banner. Maybe people can head down and possibly bail them up there.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:55 AM

Had a talk with John today.
He is sending me a new pair of shocks, that he thinks will improve my ride.
I do admit the ride with a couple of hundred kg in back is ok.
Hopefully these shocks are softer!!
fj

Old 06-03-2013, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor1985 View Post
Excuse the French but what a ****wit, who hangs up on a customer. Oh yeah as for monster rides trying to move there product (ie sax) I would think twice about, because you would expect the same not negative comments and then sax trying to offload there springs and struts instead.
Trev you have seen my navara and the issues with my SAX stuff, I have the advantage of having head office 10 mins from home so there's no avoiding me.

There rear spring setup is good but that is about where it stops.

I have a full SAX kit, after 3 months my rears have sagged by 30-40mm, I have a bit of constant weight and regularly tow a heavy camper. The springs and hangers are also contacting the chassis in 3 places either side, rear shock upper mounts are wider than standard so I have had issues with the top nuts coming undone. Front springs and shocks are very firm, even with a steel bar and 12000lb winch with steel cable.

I had suspension issues on a recent trip to Cairns, lucky enough TJM in Cairns got me back on the road again to get me home.

I booked the Nav in for Monday just gone for the following items to be addressed.

Rear springs unable to carry load- sagging
rear shocks possibly the wrong ones, as advised by TJM
front springs shocks to stiff.

They added another leaf to the rear springs, Nav now sits level

removed the inner washer from rear shock and replaced with a thinner unit, this apparently has then given plenty of thread for the nut to tighten

Nothing can be done about the front springs and shocks, they do not make different rate springs.

Finally my Nav is sitting level with around 65-70mm of lift from original, but the ride is very firm. Good on the street but not sure about off road, I need to take it for a run down a dirt road to see what its like, previously was uncomfortable so I can only imagine it will now be worse.

I have been dealing with Brad from SAX at CVSS and despite my problems has been willing to listen and has been helpful.

I expressed my concern with my faith in the ability of the product given the upcoming Cape Trip, he assured me it would love it but declined my offer on occupying my passenger seat.

Maybe we should start a thread on who has sax suspension and PM each other details of problems we are incurring.

My ideal scenerio would be for SAX to take back there suspension and give me my money back so I can move onto something more reassuring.

Old 06-03-2013, 03:18 PM

could always put them on ebay, bit of a c*nty thing to do but some people out there would buy them.