Dont use Sax suspension.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it just the Navara's that are having problems, or have people also heard problems with other makes of cars ?? I assume they make them for Toyota's; Ford's; Mazda's, etc...

Trev you have seen my navara and the issues with my SAX stuff, I have the advantage of having head office 10 mins from home so there's no avoiding me.

There rear spring setup is good but that is about where it stops.

I have a full SAX kit, after 3 months my rears have sagged by 30-40mm, I have a bit of constant weight and regularly tow a heavy camper. The springs and hangers are also contacting the chassis in 3 places either side, rear shock upper mounts are wider than standard so I have had issues with the top nuts coming undone. Front springs and shocks are very firm, even with a steel bar and 12000lb winch with steel cable.

I had suspension issues on a recent trip to Cairns, lucky enough TJM in Cairns got me back on the road again to get me home.

I booked the Nav in for Monday just gone for the following items to be addressed.

Rear springs unable to carry load- sagging
rear shocks possibly the wrong ones, as advised by TJM
front springs shocks to stiff.

They added another leaf to the rear springs, Nav now sits level

removed the inner washer from rear shock and replaced with a thinner unit, this apparently has then given plenty of thread for the nut to tighten

Nothing can be done about the front springs and shocks, they do not make different rate springs.

Finally my Nav is sitting level with around 65-70mm of lift from original, but the ride is very firm. Good on the street but not sure about off road, I need to take it for a run down a dirt road to see what its like, previously was uncomfortable so I can only imagine it will now be worse.

I have been dealing with Brad from SAX at CVSS and despite my problems has been willing to listen and has been helpful.

I expressed my concern with my faith in the ability of the product given the upcoming Cape Trip, he assured me it would love it but declined my offer on occupying my passenger seat.

Maybe we should start a thread on who has sax suspension and PM each other details of problems we are incurring.

My ideal scenerio would be for SAX to take back there suspension and give me my money back so I can move onto something more reassuring.

If SAX were fair dinkum about their product and backed it you think they would be a member of this forum and be available for questions to problems to give answers and support. But you can't even get help from them at their store so I can't see it happening. I don't think any consumer would mind problems with a product that is new and in development, but at-least take the ownership of the fact it's not write and help those people having the problems. Doing this would be a good business move I think. As for problems with other makes of 4x4's, I have heard that the Hilux and BT50 springs seam to work.
I discovered and told SAX when I had the rock hard ride with my Nav is that you have to run the softest shock possible. I am now using Rancos on setting one in the rear and its still a bit firm unloaded. But with the standard shocks in it had a good ride. Gas charged rebound doesn't seam to help either. So if these new shocks they are supplying arn't as soft or close to standard shock valving then they still won't work.

It

Had a talk with John today.
He is sending me a new pair of shocks, that he thinks will improve my ride.
I do admit the ride with a couple of hundred kg in back is ok.
Hopefully these shocks are softer!!
fj

Hay farmer joe

Just a question. When SAX are sending you replacement parts to try, are they requesting their old stuff back. Because when I found my shocks not only to be to firm but one had failed completely I had to send the old ones back first. To their credit they paid for the shipping, but once they got the old ones back that was when the contact stopped and the s#!t fight began. Their service seams to be very inconsistent. I have been following other threads on this products problems and have read about people getting multiple sets of springs sent to them to try to fix the problems but when I worked with them on my problems and actually found the problem I got pretty much the cold shoulder.

little off topic, but how are you finding your ranchos and what compression setup are you running front and rear?

little off topic, but how are you finding your ranchos and what compression setup are you running front and rear?

Yeah mate, good so far. Running them at about seven up front and one at the rear. Ones I get some weight in the back I may need to up the rears a bit.

If SAX were fair dinkum about their product and backed it you think they would be a member of this forum and be available for questions to problems to give answers and support. But you can't even get help from them at their store so I can't see it happening. I don't think any consumer would mind problems with a product that is new and in development, but at-least take the ownership of the fact it's not write and help those people having the problems. Doing this would be a good business move I think. As for problems with other makes of 4x4's, I have heard that the Hilux and BT50 springs seam to work.
I discovered and told SAX when I had the rock hard ride with my Nav is that you have to run the softest shock possible. I am now using Rancos on setting one in the rear and its still a bit firm unloaded. But with the standard shocks in it had a good ride. Gas charged rebound doesn't seam to help either. So if these new shocks they are supplying arn't as soft or close to standard shock valving then they still won't work.

It

Hey Navmania
I see sax joined up today, but haven't made any comments yet.

aww nice, im running 4 rear and 6 front,
i was thinking of upping the front to 7, do you have a winch bar?
Still a little bit stiff in the rear might run 3.
mines a single cab full steel tray, whats yours mate?

Yeah mate, steel winch bar and a dual cab. I found if I run the front to soft it bounces around to much. I'm build a set a draws for the rear at the moment. Full steel construction so very heavy. Which is what those springs need.

this is really dissapointing i was looking at buying a set of these in the near future.

Agreed.... but not now.... looking at EFS but I've got a fair bit of time b4 I need to bit the bullet and buy.... so I'm still looking and researching around at what's out there....

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed as well. I really need the variable load function because I would love to get rid of the air assist (air bags) on mine.

Hey Brad, if I cant get my cash back. You can have my Sax springs, Ill swap you for the original D22 springs.

I am getting a Dmax anyway, so no use to me.

Sounds like a plan!! Thanks Dave. I'm sure we could manage a few beers at the same time we do a swap :)

Hey Brad, if I cant get my cash back. You can have my Sax springs, Ill swap you for the original D22 springs.

I am getting a Dmax anyway, so no use to me.

Hey Dave
How you going with Fair Trading?
Heard back from them?

Hi all.
I finally got an outcome from SAX. No t the one I was promised but at least an outcome.
As you would all be aware from my original post, the problem was all with the SAX shocks Being way to hard and to save stuffing around I asked for a refund for the shocks and would just run a shock I could adjust to get a good ride. (Rancho adjustable's). As was discussed at the time their was no problem refunding the rears only as I got a pair for free in a promo deal they were running at the time. After a month of no contact and unable to contact SAX sales staff, plus no return phone calls I was finally contacted by SAX's accounts department with the deal of they will only replace the rear shocks and not refund them as they were the free ones in the deal. I was pretty much told take replacements or take nothing. So because the rear shocks were the free ones in the deal I took the replacement ones with their new softer valving. This is not what was discussed with Brad Green and he knew I was going to use the ranchos instead and even told me to sell the front ones as they were the free ones. So the outcome is not what was discussed, I now have a set of shocks I don't need and are still way to hard anyway. And still never Spock to the sale person that made all the promises to start with. My only contact was from the accounts girl who had to cop the earful of my frustrations. All I can do now is cut my losses and move on. Warning to others to is that the new softer valved shock they are offering is still to hard. My advise to SAX is get a standard D22 shock and valve it as close to that as possible and it will be a start to a better ride. And last of all, take care of your customers, a good experience will generate more business than a bad one. (No brainier).

Cheers.

sax suspension problems

I have just won a civil court case against sax suspension , I purchased a full lift kit off them and had all sorts of problems with them and their products , they assembled my front struts wrong and accused me of damaging them upon fitting, refused to help me, i HAD TO FIX THECAR MYSELF, My rear springs had to be replaced with another brand at my expense before our cape trip. took a year through the department of fair trading, QCAT and a civil court hearing . The judge awarded a full refund. So if you have had trouble with them you now know what to do. Civil action only costs $98 . And worth every cent . I fronted them at last years tinnie nd tackle show and had my say but still got no service, the court action felt better - was determined not to let them get away with ripping people off.

Latest posts

Back