Z9 -Z89A oil filters

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alhandyman

Reaction score
I was just looking online for Z89A filter for my new ST-R D22 and noticed on a landrover forum that they use Z89A filters and that a lot of guys use Z9 instead. Apparently a little longer but does the job.
Anyone had any experience with this ??

i think the differance is one has a no spill valve to assist changing filter and reduce spillage and the other doesn't

Isn't there also a space issue with the longer filter? I seem to remember someone else on this forum explaining (with pictures) that while they fit they don't fit as well. Might have only been in D40's though I don't remember but there thread is here somewhere.

What is the price difference? I thought the Z89A was only about $15 anyway, been a while since I paid retail for one.

Hi Krafty and sparra.
My searching on the net suggests that the Z9 has a non spill valve. As for the price I have seen Z9's on special regularly for $6. There is a space issue but I think the rubber hose in question will just nudge out of the way.

There has been some discussion in the past that I found but no resolution that I can see. I do plan to pick up a Z9 and try it . Will post results.

There is some talk about the Z9 in the thread below.

http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=12585&page=4

DSCF7360.jpg

DSCF7354.jpg

I swear it took a z79 not a z89, then I again I look at this things all day long. Have a look at the ryco nz site, they give sizes, including thread and pitch. from memory z9 retail is around $9 and retail on z79/89 is like 14/15. If your concerned about the filtering quality then have a look at the ryco high efficient range (HE) they're about $5 dearer. The $5 spend that on better quality oil.

Latest posts

Back