No power (No turbo spool?) [SOLVED]

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickstanz

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So as the title says, 07' D40 STX Spain built - around 160km, has had no power, and as far as i can tell, no turbo spool for about a week or so.. just to rule a few things out i'v done the following since it started happening..

- Fuel filter (Genuine Nissan)
- Air filter (Ryco)
- Cleaned MAF with proper MAF cleaner
- Loosened fuel cap
- ECU reset (both the pressing on accelerator etc and taking off earth etc)
- Liqui Moly Diesel Purge Injecter cleaner
- Checked intercooler hose's - all seems connected

Have a Safari snorkel installed and usually i can hear the turbo sucking in air and when its a bit cold i can hear turbo fluttering sound when letting off, but now i cant hear anything.

Engine idles fine, and appears to run fine, just seem to be getting no turbo, hence no power. Should mention that i have had it go into limp mode a couple of times in the 6 months iv owned it but only when driving stupid.

No engine light, have bluetooth OBD2 reader and doesnt bring up any codes. Resetting it, turning it off etc does nothing, problem is constant.

Is this symptoms of a SCV or fuel rail pressure sensor playing up? Not sure where to go from here.. Would prefer to try everything i can myself before taking it into Nissan - main reasons being we live remote, and the cost.

Have read through tons of forums and tried everything that i have read to do thats DIY.

Any help would be much appreciated! Ute cant be driven from lack of power the way it is.

Cheers

Have a look at all the vacuum hoses to the boost solenoid. It might be worth changing them anyway. If still no joy, the solenoid itself may need replacing

^ As above. Replacement hosing should cost about $20. Clamp the line to the brake booster out on a long straight stretch of road (airport runway would be best) and see how the turbo performs - the brake booster might have a vac leak.

Once the vac hoses are all replaced and the brake booster has been checked, get someone to rev the car while you watch the turbo actuator arm which should move in and out of the turbo. If it's not moving, the solenoid is suspect. It's mounted on the intercooler's intake pipe and many dealers have these in stock because they're a common failure point.

Cheers guys will definitely give this a shot. Will try and get some hose, but i can check the solenoid etc before replacing them right? Will replace either way to rule it out, but i guess i'll need to take them off to buy the right size hose? Unless anyone knows the ID and length roughly? Gotta love living in the bush...

There is a blank off hose near oil filter for vacuum it has grabbed on mine put a split but looks fine. That took me ages to find as it looked perfect I've broke it twice changing oil filter.

15psi should be enough to make power, I would lean towards a fueling problem. I wouldn't go near Nissan, are you in Perth? UFI would be the best place to go.

Last edited:
If it's making 15psi it should be getting a reasonable amount of fuel, how hot is it where you are? High air temps cost a fair bit of power, something like 1% for every 5 degrees Celsius.

That boost reading may not be 100%, i didnt have my normal app i use on me so used another one but it didnt graph it or anything.

Gets 45C+ here but its only been in the 20's since this has been an issue. Have done a bit of reading about vac lines and turbo solenoid and it sounds exactly whats happening so next time i get a break from work thats what ill try

Update: Solved

Cheers for the replys guys.. Problems now been solved. It was a vacuum line, right on the base of where it joined onto the nipple it had split about half way round. Replaced it with some 3mm hose and its all good now. I think it should be 4mm hose but had 3mm laying around and thats done the job, will swap it out for 4mm when get the chance.

Have attached a picture for where it had split in case anyones having the same problem and are searching for an answer like i was.

Thanks again for your input, appreciate it. Cheers

2eming0.png
[/IMG]

Latest posts

Back