04 navara under powered

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeh they cleaned up the boost sensor as it had build up around the thing. ....

boost sensor? where is it

its bolted to the inlet cross over pipe from the tube. hose from it to tube probably where they connected boost guage.

navaracatchcan.jpg

the grey plug on the silver tube with thin black pipe going to it from silver cross over pipe.

Last edited:
boost sensor looks fine. no build up its clean as a whistle. know almost at half tank and ive returned prob 190km. so its still up the shit with fuel econamy. must be cat related or exhaust. they tested injectors and they where fine. what else could it be... this has be stumped

easiest way to test boost sensor is to just replace it with another one. take all of 10 min to swap over and test run.

Im in the market for another white STR td.....i went and test drove one the other day....it drove like it was running absolutely no boost what so ever....ran smoothly but extremely slow and drove exactly like an NA diesel

after reading about the map sensors going bad im assuming it is this. But want to make sure before purchasing.

There is only one sensor to measure the boost pressure. I'm not sure this sensor controls the power at all according to the manual. Refer to:

http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=13283&page=2

The low power and high fuel consumption seems common, I haven't found a solution to it yet. Still thinking whether to waste more money on it or replace it which is what I should have done ages ago.

If its like any other map sensor it will have a direct effect on fuel ... It senses air pressure and adds or minuses fuel depending on this pressure.

I have found heaps of info on here regarding map sensor issues an one guy directly said if you want to know what your d22 goes like without boost unplug your map sensor..... He reported a huge power loss when his sensor failed

Ill try to find it meenwhile heres another one reporting no power
http://www.navara.asia/archive/index.php/t-6112.html

Last edited:
If its like any other map sensor it will have a direct effect on fuel ... It senses air pressure and adds or minuses fuel depending on this pressure.

This is what the manual says about it:

"The amount of fuel injected under normal driving conditions is
determined according to sensor signals. The crankshaft position
sensor (TDC) detects engine speed and the accelerator position
sensor detects accelerator position. These sensors send signals to
the ECM.
The fuel injection data, predetermined by correlation between various
engine speeds and accelerator positions, are stored in the
ECM memory, forming a map. The ECM determines the optimal
amount of fuel to be injected using the sensor signals in comparison
with the map."

Latest posts