'06 STR front door speakers not working

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

assassin

Reaction score
My front door speakers in the '06 STR dual cab have stopped working. Firstly it was an intermitant problem in the drivers side, now both stopped altogether. Have spoken to a bloke the other day that has the same fault. Was wondering if anyone out there has had a similar problem and what you did to fix it??? Is it a common fault???

My right front speaker did that.

The speakers are cheap crap.

I ripped them out and replaced them with better ones.

I have speakers in the rear doors to and a amp etc.

Thanks Dave, I thought as much!! Have done the rear speaker set-up myself as well. I noticed that you are going to fit a dual battery set-up to yours as well, I have the same vehicle, what tray set-up are you gonna use for the 2nd battery?

Thanks Dave, I thought as much!! Have done the rear speaker set-up myself as well. I noticed that you are going to fit a dual battery set-up to yours as well, I have the same vehicle, what tray set-up are you gonna use for the 2nd battery?

Ill dig up the part number for the one I want.

I have a complete dual battery kit alread that I got from ABR Sidewinder but I am running a YD25 snorkel so I am gonna use the tray that Pirana say is for the 2.8L Nav which there never has been a 2.9L Nav.

Mine have started too. Were they the 6" ones and did they fit in the same spot in the front doors ?

Yeah mate, Pretty much slipped straight in but I think I had to drill 1 or 2 new screw holes in the plastic holder. Nothing major.

Thanks Dave, I fiited a set of 6" pioneers to the front doors yesterday- just had to file out the mount holes abit ( peice of piss) We'll see how they go. I fiitted the Genuine nissan snorkel to mine when I first got it hoping that it would free up abit of room under the bonnet for a 2nd battery- no such luck! What intercooler did you fit and has it made enough of a difference to bother with it? Has the catch can been worth it also? I manage a workshop so getting parts etc @ the right price is easy for me.
Thanks for your advise.
Mick

The YD25 snorkel gets rid of the pre-filter.

The intercooler is definetly worth the effort.

On a really hot day, say 40 C it still pull's along well. Factory non intercooled you lose a fair bit of power on the hot days.

I haven't added more fuel to mine (Not chipped) but if I did and tuned it. It would be safer to go higher settings.

Catch can, there are a few threads on here about it.

But yes, well worth the effort as it keeps the intake clean.

Anything else, sing out.

Latest posts

Back