07 navara paint peeling on pillar and roof

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nigelnavara

Reaction score
this vehicle is only 6 years old and the paint is literally falling off.
took it to nissan and they sent photos to head office. head office rang me and bluntly refused any warranty help.
i am up for a full respray.
check out the photo.

Attachments

• 2013-03-21 07.45.34.jpg
    2013-03-21 07.45.34.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 17,061
take them to court for it, at the very least ring up the ACCC and lodge a complaint to get the ball rolling, get a professional to look at it see if they can determine the fault and get it in writing.

write down every date and bit of correspondence relating to it, exactly as it happened.

It says they don't cover it http://www.nissan.com.au/Owners/Owner-Information/Warranty

Normal wear and tear meaning the gradual reduction in operating performance of a part or parts having regard to the age of the vehicle, the distance it has travelled and its operating conditions. This includes normal deterioration of trim, paint or other appearance items.

However further up the page
The New Vehicle Warranty covers all parts and components of each new Nissan vehicle except for those items listed under the section entitled 'WHAT IS NOT COVERED' in the Customer Information and Maintenance Booklet, and the tyres and battery which are the subject of separate warranties.

Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.

AFAIK this would constitute a borderline major fault and while its outside of warranty I and many others would expect more then 6 years before a respray costing thousands of $$ is required.

best of luck with it, you should also let them know you are taking legal action and exercising your rights as per consumer law http://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/products-services-bought-before-2011

I had a paint issue with my 2007 model not as bad as yours, had lost all paint along the top of the windscreen and the rest of the front end was faded ( or lost the gloss almost looked like it had been lightly sandblasted) I took it into Nissan they took pictures and got quotes from local panel shops, I expected them to say bugger off but a month later they came back and said they would do it, so the front and has been respraid (not a top quality job but looks good) had this done early last year, I don't know why they said no to you.

A mate of mine got his 05 Falcon full resprayed last week as some paint was coming off the pillar. I dont see why Nissan cant do the same.

Ask around discreetly which local painter does their dealer repairs.
Go to that painter to get a quote without letting on it may be a warranty issue.
Subtly ask his opinion of the cause and if he thinks it acceptable standard.
Grab a quote and opinion off another one or two painters.
Take a copy of the quotes to the dealer not letting on you know his painter and mention the painters opinions.
Ask him to submit it to Nissan.
Stay friendly with the service guy if you can. Happy people do their best work.
Good luck

Latest posts

Back