09 D22 STR rear diff cactus after 9500 kms

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Guys

I just found the post and about a week ago had the same problem with my 09 D22 30000kms diff making noises in the back i also took it to nissan and they took it for a drive and were pretty shocked the sound was like you could swear a mudguard was rubbing, however this wasnt the case. They dropped the oil out of it resulting in no water or metal. After they placed the new oil in and took it for a drive it was quiet as a mouse. The head mechanic said that from factory they usually use a standard oil which does not have the additive to allow the LSD to function correctly and causes the clutch in the diff to grab on slow tight corners.

Maybe changing the oil in the diffs is something everybody with a new model should do before this happens to them aswell as it seems to be a common occurence

Cheers

one more D22 with this diff problem!!
it reared its head about a week ago....the clunky disengaging sound when reversing and turning at slow speed.... 26k on my clock...
dropped in to nissan today and the service guy didnt even flinch..

"bring it in when you can this week and we'll take a look. should only take a couple of hours to sort it out for ya"

i was all primed to start quoting from what you guys have said but didnt get a chance... glad they're looking after me.
another win for a nissan dealership!

My diff has been replaced due to the same issues. I have written to Nissan some time ago because I want them to provide me with an extended factory warranty free of charge, to cover the time the vehicle was off the road (7 weeks) and to instill some confidence back in Nissan. I have yet to receive a reply, about 6 weeks on....

If anyone else here who has had the same problem with their 2008-2010 D22 STR, please PM me. I am looking for people to add their signature to the letter, so we can all try and get the extended warranty.

I am not trying to get something out of them just for the sake of it, I genuinely have concerns over the longevity of the new diff and indeed the quality of the entire vehicle. Because I plan to keep the vehicle for 4-5 years + I would like the extended warranty, and I think it's the least Nissan can do to compensate for the issue. Once again if you have had the same problem with your vehicle please contact me.

Toby

Read through this whole thread and you will find my problem was due to a damaged diff breather - not the same issue as yours WIRES.

The rear diff in the Thai built D22's is the C200K, slightly different to the diff fitted to the Jap built D22's.

Dave.

hi, i own a 2009 d22 2.5td navara with only 26,000kms and i have the exact same problem, i have not yet had a chance to take my ute off road and the heaviest thing i have towed had been an 8x5 box trailer for work, there was an article in the NRMA magazine about d22 diff problems, i am now waiting for nissan to get back to me about fixing it under warranty.

1st one lasted 28,000km, 2nd one 250km and one outing, waited 5 weeks for the 1st and the 2nd who knows its still in, they rekon its "crowning"

Latest posts

Back