D22 2.5L STR problems??? I HAVE SOME!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Jason that's a brilliant idea.

Azza, have you thought about trying the ECU reset instructions? They're here somewhere, don't forget to drive it gently after you do it and then shut the vehicle down.

I really have to try it on mine, although we just pulled 11.8LPHK which is awesome considering we're about 300Kg over kerb weight and had 4 adults in it.

How do I go about doing the reset Tony? If it worked for Jason it should work for me. I just want this 'epic saga of the smokey navara' to end :mad:

Yeah me too.... what have people got max out of a tank of fuel in their D22 2.5's??? I haven't done any big highway runs yet but when it was new I got a few tanks around the 800-815km mark which was a combination of highway and town driving.

Yeah the onyl reason being that I haven't really taken any notice the last 6 months or so and I have watched the lats few tanks and have only been getting around 650 max running it till well after the empty light is on! may have soemthign to do with all the smoke i'm getting though ;-)

Yeah just to get it back form the panel beaters now!!! arghhh its taking sooo long

Best so far for ours ( 09 D22 2.5cr STR ) 733 kms without the fuel light coming on - but was close. Filled up with 64.63 litres.

Hey guys i've had similar issues, fair bit of smoke on acceleration (like a smoekscreen at night) and usually average 600-620k's to a tank, just did some calcs of the last 6 tanks and got 10.8l/100k's. Thought it was normal until reading this. Getting the 20k service this month so will ask them to look at it, an extra hundred k's per tank would be nice!

Oh and i also just changed the lil plastic stops, $7 each from nissan and 2 mins under the car. The service guy said they have changed to a slightly harder compound so shouldn't wear so quickly

ECU Reset Instructions, from another thread in here (when I find the thread, I'll include a link to it). Don't forget to drive gently immediately afterwards and then shut the vehicle down.

TO RESET

To carry out the reset carry out the following

Turn ignition on so all dash lights come on.

Wait 3 seconds

PUMP accelerator pedal 5 times within 5 seconds....

with foot now OFF accelerator wait 7 seconds...

After 7 seconds press and hold down accelerator pedal for 10 seconds...

After 10 seconds the Engine Management Light will start to flash, at this point remove foot from accelerator.

the Nav is now in diag mode, so let the EML flash for a bit. the press and hold the accelerator pedal down for more than 10 seconds..this will then reset ECU and fuel pump etc......and put them into learning mode.

NOTE: When the EML light is flashing, this is listing possible fault codes... so if you know how to read the fault codes or know the sequences then you can figure out any possible faults with your Nav with out getting the dealer to do it!! :D

I seem to get better fuel consumption around town. I think it's due to the D22 not having the extra cog - revs high on the highway. At a true 100km/h (not what the speedo says is 100km/h) it revs well over 2500rpm.

My average is between 9-10L/100km, keeping in mind my engine only has 1800km on it, and I am used to the acceleration of a petrol engine so I tend to be a bit heavy on the throttle. i am hoping for a little bit better after the engine loosens up and I learn how to drive it more economically. Still, 10L/100km is almost half of what my auto D40 petrol used

Latest posts

Back