10mm spacer on tough dog lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnkathy81

Reaction score
I know so much has been covered on suspension but anyone put a small 10mm spacer on top of a tough dog suspension lift on Navara d40 it's current build 2013. Wanting to get rid of nose dive a little without needing new ucas and having bad camber issues. Apparently my camber is slightly positive already although might just be place I took it to not having best equipment for wheel alignment, got told not much adjustment on these Spanish builds. Any experience or advice is appreciated. Thanks!!

lot's of peaple having drama's with the later model because there's not much adjustment even with just a 2 inch lift your best bet is to either get offset lower control arm bushes or a new set of uca's, I needed both in mine and as for the 10mm spacer i think most struts on d40 have around 90mm from open to compressed on the shock, so as long as you have around the same up and down travel after the 10mm spacer i cant see a problem. If you mark on the shock where the dust cover sit's outside the bore with the weight on it and then jack it off the ground you will see how you have to play with.

Thanks for the reply I will try marking the shocker as you mentioned. You say you replaced both ucas and bushes what kind of lift did you do to require both of them did you put larger spacers?

Mine is a bit different. Im running a 15mm rubber spacer on top of IM 2" lift. CV's are still perfect angle wise. Year and a half on, still sweet.

Mine's an 06 STX

Think it must just be the new ones not having any camber adjustment in them. Might have to see how it goes after doing a 25mm body lift and new tyres hopefully the nose dive won't bother me as much or I'll just have to bite the bullet and get new ucas down the track.

the adjustable SPC UCA arent that dear now....Mine were 515.00 landed ex USA and i found cheaper after buying them..GGRR. would have been 463.00 landed http://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/

I installed them so no labour cost and the wheel alignment cost 77.00. front end perfect now for under the cost of just the arms if bought local

Thinking about it I believe being able to get a bit more castor than stock was the thing that made it drive better...no wandering and bump steer

Didn't realise they have dropped so much in price and I like the sound of it driving a lot better seems very we'll worth it. Do you have a spacer on top of suspension lift also?

Thanks for all the replies.

Back