12000LBS ironman whinch with standered nissan bull bar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamie1987

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if there is any one out there that would know if i will have any problems with my 12000lbs ironman winch mounted to my standered 2011 STR bullbar???

I have mounted it but have not used it yet. It was recomended by one of the guys at oppsit lock in townsville, he told me i would not have any problems. Even tho the sticker on the bar says to use a 9500lbs warn winch.

I just dont wont to use it and bull the bar off the front of my nav.

Thanks Jamie

If you're winching your car, you're not pulling 12,000lb (5300kg) - just the 2,000-odd kg of your car. A 9,500lb (4300kg) winch will only pull the 2,000-odd kg of your car as well.

The 12,000lb winch is overkill, and by buying it, you're just guaranteeing that you won't kill it as quickly. Use it with confidence - the standard bullbar will have 6mm steel plate (or two 3mm plates welded together, just as good) for the mount - all will be good as long as you've used the correct high tensile bolts.

Even if you are pulling a 3T Patrol out of the muck, you are only pulling a 3T vehicle - and then you're not really getting close to pulling the full weight because you're not hauling it up a cliff - just along the ground.

Go and enjoy!

Thanks alot, I used the bolts that came with the winch so they should be the right bolts. I am looking at putting on some recovery hooks on as i seen on anouther thread.

Back