12V Ebay Compressor

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bag one I got wouldn't fit in the bag so I'm thinking for storage purposes the case probably wont either but one of the earlier posts here had the compressor (a different one) mounted behind the seat and it doesn't appear to be much different in size so if your want to mount it I'd say it would go awful close to fitting.

Actually I just went out and had a look at mine, the bag wont fit behind the seat because of all the foam padding they put in the bag to make it hold a squarish shape. With that padding out it should fit, the factor which will make a difference is what I replace the foam with, a beach towel would suffice but I think would be too much where as a tea towel wouldn't be enough padding but should allow the seat to go back all the way.

This is in a D40 on the passenger side, with the car seat in I can't lower the drivers side and I'm not sure if there is a difference in space between sides.

bought a similar compressor a year back from eBay. was pumping 33s for about 2 minutes and the whole thing just died. checked the fuse etc still did not work. contacted them through eBay and they said i've used it even thought i told them that i only used it for 2 minutes. so i rather pay the premium and get a good one with warranty from a shop etc. heaps easier to deal with than this eBay mobs. can't say they're all bad considering i've bought 3/4 of my navara stuff from eBay.

i ended up with the ABR Sidewinder also off ebay. Funny thing is that i had had a few beers and seen it on ebay.....being half shot and having a self induced dislexic moment i thought i had bought an ARB Sidewinder compressor. When it was delivered i got shitty cause i thought i had been stitched up. Check the listing and there it was ABR not ARB. Nice sales tactic.

In saying that have had no problems at all with mine as yet. Does the job and quite well. Im thinking of mounting on the back tub in the side compartment of my camping drawers. Just have to find time.

i bought a similar one from ebay, turned up yesterday
single cylinder 150 lpm 30 amp max
paid $175 delivered with a set of tyre deflators ($125 for comp,$50 for deflaters)
it pumped tyre from 14 psi to 40 in about 3 minutes,(half a beer :cheers!:)
came from a vic company called 4x4 direct
i dont plan on using it a lot as servo,s are very close to beach exits here
if it lasts a few years ile be happy

Well I bought one of these and it arrived on Friday.

Tonight I lowered one of my tyres to 18psi and it took 2:20sec to bring it back up to 38psi.
For $102 delivered and insured, I'm happy with that.
Comes in a nice blow molded case too:rock:

I'm yet to use mine to go from that low of a pressure, how hot did the thing get?

the outlet on mine was warm but not to hot to touch after 1 tyre
i will keep an eye on it
what are the issues with a hot outlet ??

Same with any moving parts, if it gets too hot it may die. But there is no magic temperature that is too hot. You could try modifying it a hundred ways from Sunday to make it better or just be aware that any pump will get hot if used for a period of time so be aware of what you are doing.

on mine the outlet got so hot you could burn your hands on it. you needed a glove/mat to unhook the hose after 4 tires.
found why, it had a ridiculously small hole in the T connector to the outlet (ie where the two heads meat and go to the outlet).
modded as per 1st page of this thread.

In 2 and a bit minites mine only got warm.the cylinders & outlet were only warm after 1 tyre but I can see how if might get Hot after 4. "Interestingly" the wires got just ars warm as the pump:hmmmm:
I'll have to watch that I think.

reminds me.....check if the fuse holder is getting hot. i ditched most of the cable and wired it up with some decent size cable and a real fuse holder. i ripped open the old fuse holder and it was a joke, friggen near a fire hazard.

12 months on and I'm about to do exactly the same to my ebay special as tweak'e mentions above. I've used it a few times over the last 12 months, always off the second battery without the car running and only ever to put something like 5-10 psi in each tyre but today when I used it the cable and fuse holder was getting way to hot for my liking.

I'm a bit of a bugger for pushing things until they break and to the things credit it never broke but those cables were getting more than just a tad warm by the time I finished all 4 tyres and the 50AMP fuse was barely touchable inside it's plastic holder. The coil hose and connectors were fine it was just the electrical bits, there is bound to be some decent wiring floating around the old man's shed so I'm going to redo the wiring and see how it goes.

The results are that the cabling wasn't the issue, the broken (not blown) fuse which the plastic had come off leaving the bridge and terminals in the holder was a little annoying but still not an issue. I even re crimped the wire on the battery clips to make sure their connection wasn't an issue and when you see just how small the internal connectors are and the pissy little switch which is in no way rated as high as the 50Amp in line fuse you realise that the maximum 40A (might be 45) is not very likely under normal conditions.

So with the electrics fine the next job was to guts the bugger into as many pieces as we could. In the end we found the hose between the two cylinders was not quite straight and I'm talking only a millimeter or so different but this slight mis-alignment was enough to change how the cylinder head and block allowed the piston sleeve to not sit in exactly the right position which made the piston movement tight.

Result was we put some oil on various parts, put the thing back together with with both cylinders fully aligned, tightened all nuts and bolts and hoped for the best.

Final conclusion, the pump now pumps better than it ever did before, the gauge is within 3psi of being accurate and after about 5 minutes of running the cylinder heads were barely even warm and the cable was cold. I've never felt a pump run so cold as this one is now and it took about 30 mins of stuffing around to do it.

I'm now feel confident enough in this pump to use it as a part of my safety kit rather than buying a dearer model which I was considering after feeling how hot this got a few weeks back.

Sounds like a good result, Krafty. I've bought a few Chinese made things, chainsaw, compressor, 125cc quad bike, and they all seem to be well designed, but poorly put together. My chainsaw is 52cc witha 20 inch bar and three years ago cost $98, including $47 delvery fee. After initially getting it sorted, it's cut probably 20 cubic metres of wood and still going strong.

Oh yeah tightening the nuts and bolts during the building process would go a long way sometimes :big_smile:

Back