12V Ebay Compressor

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same unit as the Tmax and others. Navarian has one similar and it does well. Did 8 tyres a while back from 24 to 35 no worries. Longevity would be the only issue dependant on how much use it gets budget for maybe 30 uses and you cant go wrong. Pay for themselves in that time in terms of tyre wear given that you can confidently set your pressures lower knowing that you can bring them back to highway pressures at your convenience.
Just like everything else in this day and age though, don't expect to hand it down to the grand kids. But that also goes for hideously priced accessories from Aint Really Budget and the like.
Good pick up. If you haven't yet played with tyre pressures off road then you have just entered a whole new world of comfort and ability.

Ahh ok Jason. Your chainsaw looks like it goes well, and as Aido said, I don't expect to be handing this compressor down to any grandkids. But then, who knows :big_smile:

I couldn't justify $300.00 odd dollars on a name brand, and as long as it works for our occasional outings, I'm happy.

Hoo Roo

just watch the wiring and also the outlet. if the outlet get hot you may have to mod it.
i got the projecta version and had to mod the outlet.

typhoonfin1.jpg

Yep, $99.00 including delivery to Brisbane and metro areas, (including Sunshine Coast I think.)

The item number on ebay to search and find it is 160418730884

Hoo Roo

Been looking at something like this for a while but as yet haven't decided on a brand or price. I do like the comment near the top of the blurb though.

an average 4WD tyre can be inflated in LESS than 60 seconds (based on partially inflated small SUV tyres) and a car tyre can be inflated in Zero time

Since when has the average 4wd tyre been a small SUV, even our hair dressers utes have bigger than small SUV tyres as standard.

And if I do buy one is it really guaranteed to pump my car tyres up in zero time, cause that would really be a time saver.

Tweak'e when you say you had to mod the projecta unit you have to help with the heat was the heat after prolonged use i.e pumping up several tyres or shorter terms like just pumping up one tyre.

Yep I agree, first thing I noticed in an otherwise pretty professional ad for the compressor.

But after dismissing that silly statement about inflation times, the rest of it sounds ok, heres hoping :victory:

Hoo Roo

Tweak'e when you say you had to mod the projecta unit you have to help with the heat was the heat after prolonged use i.e pumping up several tyres or shorter terms like just pumping up one tyre.

it got hot straight away. motor would be cool as, heads warm but the connection socket would near on burn your hand. trouble is the heat stuffs up those cheap flexi hose it comes with.
the reason for it is because inside the T join it has a very small hole, probably all of 2mm. massive restriction which is why it was so hot.

ideally i would pull the whole thing to bits and run new lines from both heads.
but i fitted an adapter, which is normal truck compressed air connector, the smallest you can get! then drill it out as much as i dared. then added the coil of pipe to help get rid of the heat and bit of flexi pipe to isolate the hot pipe from the connection.
difference is it never gets hot even after pumping up all 4 tires (20psi to 40psi). it feels like its a bit faster to.

speed wise they do about the same as ARB (fraction slower) despite being rated double what ARB is.

Last edited:
Ok, well, got my Ebay compressor on Friday, and gave it a whirl just before. Not too bad, 2min 20sec to go from 20-36psi. I only did one tyre, though it does say it has a 30 min duty cycle, which is alright.

Not as fast of course as some of the bigger quality compressors, but, it should fit the bill ok.

Hoo Roo

Glad you're happy with it, obviously things get warm when used but does it appear to be overly warm after 2 and a half minutes?

30 minutes also isn't a bad duty cycle although I'm not sure I'd want to test it if I'd just paid for it.

After 2min 20 it the connector and cylinder fins were fairly warm, but not hot. Do a couple of more tyres and I'm sure it would be nice and toasty. I might actually do the 4 tyres tomorrow and test for real.

Be sure to stand back :big_smile:

Still that doesn't seem too bad for the price, if you wanted something that pumps truck tyres up in 30 secs then you'd obviously have to pay more than $100 for it

My arb one still gets pretty hot after doing my tyres Ray. Don't stress too much about heat, all compressors will get hot.

After 2min 20 it the connector and cylinder fins were fairly warm, but not hot. Do a couple of more tyres and I'm sure it would be nice and toasty. I might actually do the 4 tyres tomorrow and test for real.

thats sounds good. my hose connector got stinking hot after just one tire.
would be good to do a full test tho. make sure it can hack the strain.

Good idea. Will be doing this tomorrow, better make sure it CAN do the 4 tyres as needed, :big_smile:

If my brothers $70.00 Aldi compressor can do both his and mine after Landcruiser Park, I'm fairly confident in this one.

Hoo Roo

I have 1 of the Projector Typhoon's the same as Tweak, I am realy happy with it and have used it a few times in the last week. Projector as a company get my vote for the best customer service ever. I have the compressor mounted in my tool box in the tray and a few weeks ago it was broken into and the theif tryed to pinch the compressor unsucsessfully as it is hard wired to the battery, but in the heat of the moment (me chasing him off yelling abuse) he got 1 of the air filters off the end. I called Projector to see if I could buy 1 as a spare part I told the tech what had happened, but was told they are not normally sold, but he would put me through to the warranty department and they may have 1 that they could just send out. I told the 2nd guy my address and 2 weeks later a courier pulled up at my door with a box, I thought it was a big box for an air filter about the size of a pack of smokes, I read the invoice and it just said warranty replacement, so I opened the box to find a brand new fully compleat $260 typhoon compressor. Needless to say I was stoaked about it. So I can strongly recomend Projector as a brand A+++

mmm very good service!

I just installed ARB compressor. Yes it was $300, but I was very happy with the whole kit - instructions were clear and wiring looms supplied in the kit were easy as (only had to crimp up 2 wires, but the kit had parts supplied for that as well).

Was one of the simplest installs I have done to date. Fitted within an hour. Going camping this weekend so we'll see how it goes....

Latest posts

Back