16 inch rims on 2013 st

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeyondPL

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Need to get a set of new tyres and am really keen to get some new steel rims.
I prefer the 16 inch ones over the 17s.
I have been told that i cannot put 16s on if have 17 inch rims come out of the factory.
Is this right?
and if they do fit what size rims and offset do i need for it to be legal in SA.
Any help would be extremely helpful!!

I have a 2013 Nissan Navara ST d40 with a 2 inch lift to the rear as the factory springs were inverted after a month of Tradie Trailer Towing.

Cheers

They will fit mate. Don't on hilux etc.. They have bigger callipers. I have exact same car with 16's 285/75/16 tyres. Rims think are csa sunraysia with +20 offset. That offset stays pretty much flush with guards and only slight rub on full lock on chassis, not sure if that tyre is legal in SA though as most places is max 50mm overall increase, probably would have to go with 265/75/16 if wanting to keep it legal.

16s won't fit if you have the larger brake discs... I think that if you have the 290 mm discs then the 16 will fit otherwise you will need to stick with 17 inch rims.

16s won't fit if you have the larger brake discs... I think that if you have the 290 mm discs then the 16 will fit otherwise you will need to stick with 17 inch rims.

pretty sure its only the v6 diesel that has bigger brakes.
I was told 16's wouldn't fit when i got my tyres so had to get 17 inch tyres, this was when i first got the car and didn't know any better, when i found out i could fit 16's i was pissed because i could have got rims and tyres cheaper than the 17 inch tyres.

Gav

Latest posts

Back