1994 terrano diff head in to 1995 navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nissanmad

Reaction score
hi guys do you know if there any gain putting my terrano parts truck diff head an axles in my navara they both lsd. any gain in ratios as my navara was a non turbo .but now is turbo motor .i check engine id plate on both nissans 2moro to get sum diff number no tags on diffs

Do you know what the ratios are in each? You should be able to find the model numbers on the compliance plates in the engine bay.
You would need to replace both front and rear diffs if they are different ratios, or you'll have an interesting time th first time you put it in 4wd.

terrano auto so it be 4.6 an navara 5 speed so that be 4.8 just wondering if any gain in put other diffs in more high gear cheaper on fuel just want to really no if its worth doing have got sum nice low down power what is good when off road i do about 60 percent on road an the other 40 off road running 30 9.5 r15 on it .can always go big tryers but in past found in my terranos that lack power an use more fuel but with the navara diff it mite be different with the diff be more of a rever any thoughts will be good cheers luke

Mate I find the 4.8s very unpleasant on road, with the QD32 unless I'm towing something heavy, 1st gear is too low and all the ratios are too close together, plus the fifth gear is too low also and it revs too much at 110 on the freeway.

Having said that, off road the ratios are bloody unreal and it is good fun to crawl smoothly along in 1st in traffic at a speed that's too slow for the cars behind to match without being on and off the clutch constantly.

I'd say if you reckon you're off road 40% of the time, try out a set of 32" tyres or bigger, with the 4.8s and the turbo motor you'll be on the money.

Back