2.5 info

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best thing the government ever did in this state was ban compulsory unionism. I've never been a fan of unions and always known they only look out for their leaders not the workers. They use strikes and stuff as a guise to say they are doing it for the workers, but how many of the fat cats are not getting paid when there is a picket line and the workers aren't getting paid, very few of them.

The TWA used to accept money weekly from bread drivers down here but never once stepped in and fought for their workers, the union delegate wasn't even seen down here for 5 years because there was more pressing things in the city. So much for the unions being there for all workers.

Thankfully Auslander has made his choice (even if it was a Triton) cause I don't think union talk offers much help in choosing a car.

HEhehe.. i was on the railways in NSW for 25 or so years.. I know all about unions, but maybe for another time for me to relate about them.

Another update about my new vehicle. Was at the stealer today to finally get my ford focus in for a proper valuation for the trade in, and was just yarning to the saleman about how i was gonna miss Stability Control and how it had the like effect of the Hand of God in those tricky moments. When he pipes up and says, "Why didn't you option ESC for the Triton". I came back with, the povo pack diesel doesn't come with ESC, and he quickly dispelled that claim.

I was gob smacked, I knew the top models came stock with it and it was an option on all 4x4 Tritons, and no where does it say on the mitsushita site that the povo 4x2 single cab can even option it!

SO anyway, i now have canceled my order for the Triton i had in mind and am now getting ESC on a 1 tonne 4x2 diesel Triton Cab chassis! For the princely sum of $345!(he gave it to me for half the usual option price).

Anyone who has been in a car with ESC will agree that it is the best thing since the seat belt, it's truly a life saver. He "hinted" that mitsushita haven't really pushed the fact that the povo pack can even get ESC because when they launched the new MN model in Oct, they had shipped in almost exclusively the non ESC optioned cars and and had bugger all in stock.

A ship has just arrived apparently and now they have lots of them and a new brochure tells all and sundry about the ESC option in the povo diesel.

What a major bonus. Very happy i scored a work ute with such a major safety item. 1 problem though, it's in sydney on the dock and a small yard like the one at Gatton only does 1 transport a week if needed. So i have to now wait till end of next week.

I wont enter into what's better unions or non unions...oops sorry on topic.
I wont enter into which car is better but was interested to see that one of the so called automotive experts in Victoria has said for the past 5 years that the Nav is the pick of the bunch has now changed his mind and said the Triton is the best and for 2 reason.

1. It's cheaper.
2. It's newer.

Interesting reasons, although from an automotive expert I would have expected just a wee bit more

Seems to be a pitiful excuse to me. great wall motors are way cheaper and newer, but i bet he wouldn't give them the tick?

Price is obviously important, but i'd have put things like safety and quality way before newness!

I'm just grateful that we have such knowledgeable and technical people reviewing products so they can give us good honest reviews that we can use to help make our decisions. Oops obviously I slipped into dream world again

OK, to finally end this post that i started some months ago, from asking about to actually getting. I did indeed end up with a 2.5 litre diesel, just not the one i originally intended to get, but thats how things go.

P1290130-1.jpg

Some of the extra's the Triton gets.

DSCF0035.jpg

The radio has Blue tooth and USB connection and other stuff i'll never use.
DSCF0036.jpg

DSCF0034.jpg

The MN GLX as you can see has an excellent spot for the CB. Unlike the previous ML model. She is still very tight but goes pretty good. The cruise control is a great addition for those long boring bits on the highway we all endure.

Thanks all for the input, help and comments in this post and hope all keep safe and healthy. I hope to see some on the road over the years ahead

I don't think any union official being sacked would be deemed fair because in their minds they are all indispensable and should be treated like gods. In the real world of course they are more often than not useless mongrels getting paid a high price to sit on their arse and make decisions which effect the average worker whether the worker likes it or not.

But then again maybe my opinion is a little tainted given I hate unions and what they believe they stand for. And I hate union officials who use the media spot light to advance their careers into politics. But then I guess it's not a huge step from being a useless union official to being a useless pollie.

So much anger....

I know its a mitsubishi and i hate anything non nissan besides chrysler, but in saying that buying a new car is a new car at the end of the day. Good stuff.

Now you have the car we can get some important comparisons going like.
Does the new car smell in a Mitsu last longer than a Nav?

Yeah there is nothing quite as good as getting a new car is there? That certain smell of gases escaping from newly molded plastics that we all love:big_smile:

This ute is no sports car thats for sure, after owning the focus diesel the difference is chalk and cheese. Interesting that the focus engine has exactly the same numbers as this 2.5 mitsu motor. 2.0 litres as opposed to 2.5 litres, and both have 320 nm odd. What i really miss is that 6 speed box that was in the focus, simply the best manual box i have ever used and knew i'd miss it.
The Mistu box feels clunky and ancient by comparison.

But I do like my commercial vehicles and it will be handy for all the odd jobs i need to do, that i missed doing whilst owning the focus. I also miss the 4.6L/100km fuel usage. Was simply stunning fuel economy.

But I do like my commercial vehicles and it will be handy for all the odd jobs i need to do, that i missed doing whilst owning the focus. I also miss the 4.6L/100km fuel usage. Was simply stunning fuel economy.

I dunno what's wrong with you, why couldn't you get a tonne of gravel in the back of the Focus?

Back