2.5 info

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wingham is a nice good old fashioned country town just west of Taree. Very, very hot this time of the year!

Yeah Nev, that's the place. It's actually on the road to Comboyne, a place called Killabakh Creek(centre of the known universe so i know all have heard of it:))

I tried a few of Krafty's ideas on the missus, not a goer as yet. She did happen to mention the (keep within our budget ploy) which kinda ended the propaganda war there and then. But i am undaunted sofar, but am bracing myself for the 4x2 dx as the probable outcome.

Thank god she never mentioned the tractor I have for muddy situations. Ah well, a nice new shiny 4x2 will still look nice in the shed, if all fails. Will be purchasing in the new year. I have noticed most car makers have some sort of special on at the moment, so hopefully Nissan will too come the time.

So i spose i should start another thread on fuel economy and how good these 2.5's are? Is the 2.5 in the povo pack the same motor in all the other navara's?

Thanks for all the advice and help fella's.

I tried a few of Krafty's ideas on the missus, not a goer as yet.

Well there was your first mistake.

So i spose i should start another thread on fuel economy and how good these 2.5's are? Is the 2.5 in the povo pack the same motor in all the other navara's?

Thanks for all the advice and help fella's.

I believe you will find all the motors are pretty much the same and there will be some slight differences in economy given the differences in weight but they wont be heaps. According to Nissan they go from 9.1 for the RX to 9.8 for the STX but you will find there is a thread somewhere about fuel economy of the Nav's and they may have more 'real world' figures than Nissan quote.

There's are some tuning differences between the diesel Navs. A manual D22 drives a lot more like a car than a manual D40 - the D40 lags like mad until the turbo kicks in and then it goes like a rabbit on uppers. That's why manual D40 owners have more clutch problems than manual D22 owners.

Or so I reckon anyway. Power of observation and all the joys of getting old and discovering a new group of wonderful people that think you're related to them in some fashion, but you're sure you haven't met them before - and it starts all over again every morning.

Yeah Nev, that's the place. It's actually on the road to Comboyne, a place called Killabakh Creek(centre of the known universe so i know all have heard of it:))
Ha ha yes!! My Mother inlaw was born and bred there!!!! Is that a banjo I hear??? :big_smile:
As for the Mrs, your Accountant should be your best ally (4x4 & farm, tax etc) mine was (Plumber, rural clients etc.)
Also if you're running the farm as a business or are in a business don't forget the 50% rebate the Gov put on runs out at the end of this year 31/12/09. Just a though!!

Cheers Brad

Ha ha yes!! My Mother inlaw was born and bred there!!!! Is that a banjo I hear??? :big_smile:

HEHEHE, yeah i spose it used to be like that years ago. Most farms have been subi'd up and are now alot smaller than they used to be. Now alot of yuppy type's moved up from Sydney. Infact very bloody exy to buy there now.

Intresting your MIL is from there. My family has been there since they opened the place up in the late 1800's. I dare say i'd know her family for sure or know of them.

The Farm isn't a going concern these days. After 100 years and people dying and leaving bits and pieces to that son or daughter it has been split up somewhat.

Still a few steers and cows just to keep my hand in so to speak.

Not related, but sure do know of the Yarnolds. I was gonna say small world, but between the Yarnolds and my family i'm pretty sure they make up 1/3 of the worlds population:haha:

Tell ya MIL I'm one of the many that started on "Rosehill", she'll know.

Just an update to this post.

Have decided on the MN Triton, will be buying next week. For 2k less than a navara, i get cruise, ABS, EBD and a funky radio that even has a USB connector, plus a nice high ride stance all as standard. Plus no torsion bars, makes for a nice ride.

Couldn't go past the standard features for the price. Plus the great warranty period Mitsushita offer.

Thanks for all the help and info, and be safe on the road.

Enjoy your new ride, all new dual cabs dont have torsion bars (i think), 2grand cheaper is nice just dont try sell it any time soon. Triton has bad reputation for not holding value unlike navara or hilux.
Sorry to burst your bubble, still its newer than my car.

Wish i could have afforded a dual cab of any make:embarassed:

This is just the povo pack single cab diesel. I would have gone the d22 dx 2.5 single cab if any of the nissan dealers would play ball. Not 1 would even haggle a little bit. Not sure whats going on there?

But a very competitive market, always someone willing to do a deal. The Mitsu bloke i first went too had the best price, yards in Brissy itself couldn't or wouldn't get anywhere near the Gatton dealership.

Yeah i did think about the resale value, but the hilux cab chassis is so poverty it's painful, comes with AC and thats it!!

BTW, the vehicle i'm getting has a build date 25/12/09 godless Thia's:big_smile:.

Its true when a hilux is a povo pack it REALLY is a povo pack.
Maybe the other dealers dont want to make a deal because their doing alright in sales.

I thought that when I was looking for my Nav then after the way some of the salesman treated me I couldn't help but think there is no way they are making sales treating people like dickheads. There is some dealers I just can't figure out how they are still in business.

My Nav is going to get it's 10K next week some time so I rang the dealer I brought the car from to get the filters and stuff that need changing. While the idiot service manager stopped just short of telling me outside servicing was going to lead to trouble he wouldn't give me the part numbers or an exact price over the phone and suggested I come in and talk to him, however if the parts weren't in stock he wasn't going to be able to order them until mid Feb because he had his own orders to fill.

I just can't see how any dealer can't afford to make deals when half of them treat prospective buyers like crap and then treat returning customers the same way.

just a thought (and I am in no way affiliated with them), but I used the Qld Union Shopper to source my Nav, albeit a few yrs back now. I find car salesmens a huge pain in the arse, so having these guys do the running round for me was great. I just had to tell them what I wanted and what I thought would be a good price, then they came back with their best offer. And I was not even in a union - the fella I spoke with just said he wanted people to go through him to boost his referal numbers, so it could be worth a call when you're back in the market.....

Wow your suggesting a Union person actually works, thats nearly on a par with suggesting car salesmen are human.

haha yeah - wonder if you work for a union you can be fired, then the union reacts to unfair dismissals.....

I don't think any union official being sacked would be deemed fair because in their minds they are all indispensable and should be treated like gods. In the real world of course they are more often than not useless mongrels getting paid a high price to sit on their arse and make decisions which effect the average worker whether the worker likes it or not.

But then again maybe my opinion is a little tainted given I hate unions and what they believe they stand for. And I hate union officials who use the media spot light to advance their careers into politics. But then I guess it's not a huge step from being a useless union official to being a useless pollie.

As a retrenched construction worker since christmas time i can say unions do f*ck all for workers anymore, not that i ever used them when i used to get retrenched but lately over the last id say 4 years they do absolutely nothing for the workers, they just ask or should i say demand us to pay the union fees when there due. Iv lost my job due to underquoting from other companys who illegaly employ boat people to do there work and pay them stuff all, but the union turns a blind eye to that.
Bloody people cant even speak english. How dangerous is that!

Back