2.5 Litre EGR Mod

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks tweak'e
wasnt sure if it all maybe just built up at the block plate or what happenned...

cheers

it won't build up at the block plate, i checked mine a while back and it was clean. because there is no gas travelling up the pipe no soot goes up the pipe.

Hi Everyone, im gonna do mine possibly this weekend, did any of you guys use an exhaust sealant on the blanking plate? or just bolt it on

Cheers

Hi Everyone, im gonna do mine possibly this weekend, did any of you guys use an exhaust sealant on the blanking plate? or just bolt it on

Cheers

hey mate
no i just bolted it on, not sure if you need it or not but the plate that comes out doesnt have any on it so i dont see why you would..
Good luck! its easy :rock:

well guys im going to a mates house this morning and i am doing this mod to my car, i will let you know how it goes shortly :)

Well i did the mod yesterday, defineately noticed that the turbo lag is reduced a bit, gonna take it down too esperance in a month and will find out how it goes on the beach

i did mine Saturday morning. so far i have notice a little more power, only slightly but yeah u can notice it.

and no smoke that i can tell.

i will try tonight with peoples head lights behind me after i go out for dinner.

i blocked mine off the left hand side though. i just un did the 2 bolts and slid it out and put the new one in.

Hi all, Did the mod this afternoon, I did notice power increase down low! 2nd gear has improved so for a cheap mod very happy over here,:cheers!:
big shout to Matt for the plate, as I said to him if I had to make it my self I would still be thinking,"should get onto that one day"
Cheers

Hey guys, Im thinking of doin this mod. seems that every one is doin it, but I havnt heard much feed back yet on how the mod went. Fuel economy etc..

Hey guys, Im thinking of doin this mod. seems that every one is doin it, but I havnt heard much feed back yet on how the mod went. Fuel economy etc..

troy the mods helps stop all the crap go into the engine and as you have probably read it helps a bit with power, etc.
As for fuel, i think jason mentioned he was getting about 50-60km per tank extra afterwards. I have only had 3 tanks since doing it and have noticed about the same..

I haven't noticed any massive improvements in fuel economy, just more power and no smoke now.

G'Day Guys,
Since doing the mod I have been getting on average depending on driving conditions an extra 40-50kms out of a tank. My brother in law who also did the mod at the same time as me states he is also getting at least an extra 40kms out of each tank.......?

hi guys,
i did the mod along with a couple of other things this arvo and like everyone else is saying the turbo lag thru second gear is now gone especially accelerating out of round abouts and the like. easy to do i just used a piece of 1.6mm steel plate cut to size and the instructions from all the above posts was spot on, thanks guys!

took the 09 str to bribie for a the wknd last wknd and the car loves the sand...egr mod played a nice part in that giving me more lowdown torque to feed those sand hungry tires. i mite add a was in 2H 40% of the time flicking it to 4h when it starts to sink. then 4l when trying out the maxtraxs etc and some really soft stuff.

this egr mod is worth the nothing u pay for it

Back