2.5 Litre EGR Mod

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Guys,

Thinking of doing EGR before I head up to Broome.

Do you think just cutting out a blanking gasket out of gasket sheet as opposed to mild steel would do the same thing?

Also I assume all blanking flanges would be removed before any Nissan warranty work?

not sure about the gasket mate but i would be more comfortable knowing I have a piece of steel in there IMO..
As for removing them before going to Nissan, well it depends on what you are going in for I suppose... If you blew your engine then yes for sure, but i have had mine back to nissan 4 times since my egr mod and not worried, as the issues were not engine related problems. Otherwise it would be a pain in the ass having to put it in and then pull it out again..

exhaust gasket sheet..maybe. i would thing it would be to flexible and likely to come apart. much much easier and better with a bit of steel.

I was going to use Aluminium, but then decided to use stainless in case the ally melted and sent shrapnel through the engine.

well i removed my gr mod only to reinstall it again tomoz afternoon when i get my car back hopefully if the diff isn't completely stuffed or my intercooler is fine...guess tomorrow will tell

oh lil handy hint for those ppl with 09-> models to disconnect both batteries b4 attempting this...i accidentally left the passenger side battery connected( forgot bout it) and my breaker bar connected with the positive terminal...interesting arc show

also i heard that the blanking plate is meant to be clean when its taken out but mine is covered in wat i would call diesel soot...picture below

IMAG0001.jpg

in my professional opinion..... when the said blanking plate is bigger than your foot you might have soot related issues.... hahahah sorry......

Just did the EGR mod, got more power and way better fuel consumption... i now get around 750ks per tank rather then around 690ks... A must do mod!!!

did the mod today. in my opinion it feels like the spool up isn't so laggy any more and that the turbo comes on much smoother than it did before.

as for economy, time will tell i guess.

Another EGR block here with noticeable gain, the neighbor thought I was an idiot I think when he came over to see what I was working on and I explained it all haha.

2.5 egr mod

Howdy all i have a 09 str with diesel smoke issues driving me nuts, installed diesel chip to try and eliminate not as bad but thinking of doing egr mod just a little hesitant being fairly new but if it solves smoking problems im all for it.

Howdy all i have a 09 str with diesel smoke issues driving me nuts, installed diesel chip to try and eliminate not as bad but thinking of doing egr mod just a little hesitant being fairly new but if it solves smoking problems im all for it.

just do it webby..

my Nav done 68 klm before i stripped the front down to block the egr at the exhaust manifold. the longer you leave it the more soot n crap will get into the intake.

my wife thought i was a nutter but it had to be done regardless... :rock:

i've done heaps of them.

cheers

yep do i regardless...its worth it..,. i still get my soot issues but i drive mine twice a week so i flog the nuts out of it...

goodluck
Rusty

2.5 egr mod

Howdy all, just new to the forum so a little up in the air in regards to the egr mod on my d22, can anyone tell me if it will worry the motor when towing my camp trailer eg temps etc or will it help, thanks for any info.

Howdy all, just new to the forum so a little up in the air in regards to the egr mod on my d22, can anyone tell me if it will worry the motor when towing my camp trailer eg temps etc or will it help, thanks for any info.

hey mate, just do the mod...it will help with towing keep engine temps down and exhaust temps down...my guess is if u are towing a camp trailer u would be upgrading exhaust anyway to keep exhaust temps down...it will add lowdown ttorque and smoother turbo spool.

Welcome to Forum
Rusty

EGR mod

Howdy all, done my egr mod this morning made up plate from stainless, installed manifold side hope thats right, has made a difference not sure about economy yet, should this mod make any difference if im running a chip, (chipit brand seems to be good product aussie made and good backup if anyones after one) going away tomorrow so interested to see what economy is like.

Did mine a month ago now and to be honest, have'nt noticed anything great in perf gains....would like to do a before/after dyno to confirm any gains.

BUT one things for sure and is the main reason for my mod, is i know now my intake system wont clog up with that filthy crud that i noticed even as early as a couple of thousand k's.

Jim.

.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Howdy all, done my egr mod this morning made up plate from stainless,
2009 with 26000kms on it. Initial observations are definately less smoke, better low down power and smoother engine response/acceleration.

Tip..... If you drop the nut off the bottom of the egr at the exhaust side :banghead::banghead: fist check back of fan pully took me 11/2 hrs to find it after pulling off bash plate still took 10mins toget it out of the pully

Will test tonight to see if I can see smoke haze in headlights in cars behind

Latest posts

Back