2.5 Litre EGR Mod

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know to be honest. Nissan are overpriced and crap. Get personal mechanic to service using genuine filters. Cheaper and easier

Metro Nissan have just introduced capped price servicing. What used to be the $1000 40k service is now $760.00 Still exxy but much better than before.

I'm sticking with Nissan servicing until the warranty runs out, just personal choice.

That is not Wat I wanna hear. My next service is 40k :(. Ohwell I will see wat my mechanic is charging. A log book service is a service. Nissan can't cut warranty just because u go elsewhere. It's law

True, and I dislike going to dealer's as well and being charged too much, but I have a few mates who are mechanics at dealers and they tell me that quite often the manufacturer will inform the mechanics of certain minor faults/issues with vehicles that private mechanics don't know about, and often they will fix/upgrade minor parts to save face of a major warranty visit later down the track.

And I guess it stands to reason that because they see so many of the same vehicles come through, that in theory they should be able to perform a more efficient service. (In theory).

Theory is about all it is. I tell corporate clients similar things to keep them coming back. "As an authorised service and repair agent for XYZ I get updates, fixes and priority support that non authorised agents don't and that means better service for you at a better price." Just like Nissan I believe for the goods I sell I'm the clients best choice for after sales service and do whatever it takes to convince them but at the end of the people believe what they want and make their own decisions.

Yeh I guess if they see more of the same vehicle they should be able to push them out of the workshops faster. Hopefully that's the case. But sometimes its not. Like taking 8hours to change rear diff oil because its stuffed, and it had never been near water or anything to get that way. Poor quality from manufacturing I think. I think I mite go to Nissan on some services so they can do there upgrades etc of its needed. But I do my 5k oil change myself then the 10k is for a mechanic.

I hope they didn't charge you for changing the diff oil? Metro Nissan had my 09 D22 in their workshop for 7 weeks replacing the internals of the diff, because a batch of 2009/2010 D22's had the wrong diff oil put in from the factory, causing binding/grinding inside the diff.

My parents have been using the same mechanic workshop for about 20 years, they get new vehicles every few years and he tells them to take the car to the dealer for the first few services for the same reasons i mentioned above. It must have some truth to it if even the private mechanic would tell them to take it to the dealer.

hey guys, im a newbie to this site and its great. just done the egr mod on my d22 with 52000ks on it.made a difference. nice easy effective mod that took my 25mins.cheers guys.

Is there anyone who has done the EGR mod to later undo it for any reason? Has the EGR mod caused any problems?

I'm thinking of giving it a go on my new STR at the weekend but I'm a little worried about invalidating the warranty etc.

we have a 2010 that i have done it too. has been on there for a couple of thousand k's now probably. i can't say i've noticed any difference tbh, but at least i know the exhaust isn't going back into the motor. can't comment on the warranty point of view, hasn't even had its first service yet, but i kept the old gaskets for just in case, not that i think it will matter... it should only take about 10 mins to change back over if you are worried at service time.

Have a 09 str and I've had it into Nissan for servicing angst haven't been voided yet. I don't think they notice it if its done properly.

Goodluck. I've noticed better low down torque and turbo boost.

Just blocked of egr tub but now its making a hi pitch wistle at hi revs like a blow of valve, sort of

Maybe check that the blanking plate has sealed cleanly against the EGR tube and the exhaust manifold.

A high pitch whistle could be caused from a small amount of pressurised air escaping through the blanking plate

Thanks for that, everything is tight but maybe a bit of shit got caught, I will pull of and try again

Latest posts

Back