2.5 turbo exhaust

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am lead to believe the difference is neither here nor there. If you have clearance issues go the 2.5 inch and its likely to be cheaper. If you have the room and happy for a bit of extra cash go the 3 inch. I doubt there would be any power difference between the two unless you had it on a dyno and there may be a couple of kw's in it

Very keen to know this also, have previously removed middle muffler and put straight pipe on while back and did make noticeable difference and can hear turbo more. Wonder if turbo back "3" will eliminate any more of the turbo lag.

Difference is negligable. I have had both. Stick with a 2.5" exhaust and get a 3" dump pipe for the turbo. The dump is where the restriction is.

I run a 3" dump to a 2.5"mild steel no mufflers or DPF. Its fantastic. Turbo is a fair bit louder too. The dump pipe will help with the lag too. Exhaust by itself is moreso just for noise. Picks up a LITTLE bit down low but not much.

Difference is negligable. I have had both. Stick with a 2.5" exhaust and get a 3" dump pipe for the turbo. The dump is where the restriction is.

I run a 3" dump to a 2.5"mild steel no mufflers or DPF. Its fantastic. Turbo is a fair bit louder too. The dump pipe will help with the lag too. Exhaust by itself is moreso just for noise. Picks up a LITTLE bit down low but not much.
In saying that would you recommend keeping stock exhaust as is and just getting dump pipe fitted as I have already cut out muffler? Only reason was considering it was I found a place local for a bolt on kit, aluminised steel "3" mandrel bent turbo back for under $500 just wasn't sure of any gains as to much mixed info on the net.

cobez is on the money I have seen dyno charts where the 3inch gained 2 hp in the top end and lost it elsewhere lower egt's are good for heavy towing when you fit a 3inch

Nah definantly go aftermarket exhaust. If you can get a 3" at the same price as a 2.5 then i say go for it. Basically same gains more or less. The exhaust note will be different but thats about it.

That's mighty cheap for a 3". Triple check it fits! But a dump pipe is worth every dollar in my opinion.

cobez is on the money I have seen dyno charts where the 3inch gained 2 hp in the top end and lost it elsewhere lower egt's are good for heavy towing when you fit a 3inch

Spot on mate! Second that on the lower egt's for towing. Diesel exhausts dont run as hot as petrol ones do anyway, but any drop in egts is a good one

Nah definantly go aftermarket exhaust. If you can get a 3" at the same price as a 2.5 then i say go for it. Basically same gains more or less. The exhaust note will be different but thats about it.

That's mighty cheap for a 3". Triple check it fits! But a dump pipe is worth every dollar in my opinion.
Thanks mate, yeah been hesitant myself for that price, that is only supplied but apparently bolts all straight up and they have test fitted them before and they fit. They told me it's (aluminised steel and mandrel bent) and not Chinese import all made in house so I'm hoping should be ok. Do you have a muffler on yours not sure if I'll need on the "3" still very quite with the stock exhaust and no muffler.

Oops just re read and realised you have already stated you have no mufflers so I'm guessing it's still not to loud?

Thanks mate, yeah been hesitant myself for that price, that is only supplied but apparently bolts all straight up and they have test fitted them before and they fit. They told me it's (aluminised steel and mandrel bent) and not Chinese import all made in house so I'm hoping should be ok. Do you have a muffler on yours not sure if I'll need on the "3" still very quite with the stock exhaust and no muffler.

If they make them in house that's probably why its cheaper as they save on freight costs on getting them in etc.

Its not loud in cabin but i've never heard it rev from outside the car. It does make a bit of noise but its not too bad

If they make them in house that's probably why its cheaper as they save on freight costs on getting them in etc.

Its not loud in cabin but i've never heard it rev from outside the car. It does make a bit of noise but its not too bad
Thanks mate, ill probably just get it straight through and if it needs a muffler add it later.

Latest posts

Back