2 inch body lift questions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pattyp88

Reaction score
hey i just bought 2 inch body blocks and bolts from superior engerneering and after looking at my steering rod it doesnt look like it has much room to move ! how do i extend it? or where do i buy it from ? or can i fiddle with it and make it fit?
thanks

Hi
When i put 2inch body lift in the d21, i could just get the steering rod to fit, but i was not happy with how little contact it had in both joints.

I then used some washers to extend the rubber joint is at the top, and i was able to get a little bit more contact, but was still unhappy with it.

I took a spare steering shaft to a professional welder and had it extended by 4.5 cm or so, now it fits perfectly and im more than happy with it. This cost me about $80 as far as i can recall. The guy said extending the steering shaft was illegal and he was not overly keen on the job, so i told him it was for an off-road only car and he did the job.

I noticed the other day snake racing sell an steering shaft extender, bit pricey, but worth it for the piece of mind your steering shaft wont fall out.

http://snakeracing.com.au/store/nav....html?osCsid=0f737150c5223b5bb337c3e455471dcf

christian

Latest posts

Back