2003 ZD30 Engine repair

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KNIBBS

Reaction score
Hi All

Just got my car back from the panel shop after sliding into a tree. As i am still a newbie to TD's after some technical advice on a couple of problems that i would like to fix myself to save some cash.

First photo is of oil leaking from the car. What do i need to do to fix this.

Second problem is the transfer case. it is leaking very rapidly.

If anyone could point me in the direction of the best way of fixing this that would be great.

Attachments

• CA65ST_5.JPG
    CA65ST_5.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 142
  • CA65ST_6.JPG
    CA65ST_6.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 124
The engine one looks to be sump gasket but hard to see in that pic

Second i cant see any oil could you point to it on the pic

Hi All

Just got my car back from the panel shop after sliding into a tree. As i am still a newbie to TD's after some technical advice on a couple of problems that i would like to fix myself to save some cash.

First photo is of oil leaking from the car. What do i need to do to fix this.

Second problem is the transfer case. it is leaking very rapidly.

If anyone could point me in the direction of the best way of fixing this that would be great.

The engine is leaking from where the bolts are but the transfer case is leaking from the joint mostly from the flat part on the bottom.

The first pic is your sump gasket (it's just gasket gew) by the looks of it but there may be a secondary leak there,to get to that you need the drag link and front diff out.Not hard but can be a pain.
The second picture looks like its tracking from the drain plug (it's just at the back near the bottom) though its hard to see the oil in that picture exactly.first I'd tighten the drain plug and check the bolts are tight then degrease and see if its still leaking,if it is I've never taken the t case out but from what I can see from having a quick look you have to disconnect the rear shaft then take that case of and replace the gasket.But hopefully it's just loose drain plug

The first pic is your sump gasket (it's just gasket gew) by the looks of it but there may be a secondary leak there,to get to that you need the drag link and front diff out.Not hard but can be a pain.
The second picture looks like its tracking from the drain plug (it's just at the back near the bottom) though its hard to see the oil in that picture exactly.first I'd tighten the drain plug and check the bolts are tight then degrease and see if its still leaking,if it is I've never taken the t case out but from what I can see from having a quick look you have to disconnect the rear shaft then take that case of and replace the gasket.But hopefully it's just loose drain plug

hey what do you mean by drag link and front diff ? do you mean take them off ?

cheers for your help

Latest posts

Back