2005 D22 ZD30 Turbo Diesel Surges in 4th gear

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ensign p

Reaction score
Any one able to HELP?? - In last 1 to 2 months (max) have noticed that my 2005 D22 ZD30 Turbo Diesel has been what can only be described as surging in 4th gear from around 3 to 4K /rpm. May be occurring in 3rd gear but at high RPM but is most noticeable in 4th @ 3 - 4k /rpm. The engine dies off and then returns to full power, shift up to 5th and is fine.
Have had full service and still occurs, diagnostic reads no fault / errors and mechanic has been over with fine tooth comb. Checked heat switch seems to do as supposed too as far as can tell. Is service regularly Mechanic and i both confused
Otherwise is great car only problems have had with is clutch replaced and de-carbed twice, replaced standard exhaust with 3" exhaust with high flow dump pipe assembly fitted.
Any ideas be much appreciated. :confused2:

Neutral switch for sure. Try holding the gear stick to one side when it does it and see if it goes back to normal. If it does, either unplug the switch or replace it... from memory it's the blue switch on the side of the gearbox.

Yes 100%nps mine use to do it in 4th as well you can unplug it or buy a new one. It will set you back bout $230

thank you for the info on this forum. i to had the surge in 4th gear in my 2002 d22 zd30 for 6 months disconected the blue netral position senser and problem gone . cheers its great to have decent info as the port hedland mechanics here you may aswell bend over and ask for lube when walking in the joint

There's always things you won't learn from the manual, just from experience. Every model has it's own faults, that's what makes forums so useful.

Six years on and this post is still helping out.. i'm getting the surge in 3rd and 4th and the neutral selector switch isn't working in 4th when the heat button is on... so sounds like my problem.

Latest posts

Back