2007 D40 Rust Issue

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovebiscuits

Reaction score
A family friend has given me the task of selling their 2007 D40 Navara.
Body is straight, paint is decent and it has done just under 80,000km's.
It looks like an other D40 on the market selling for $18k-$22k.

Well, almost....
It's spent the first few years of it's life driving daily on unsealed roads and has spent the last 2 years or so in storage.

Below shows what the underside looks like today....
It does need a good pressure wash but I'm concerned with the amount of rust. Is this common in Navaras of this age? Surely not!?
Apart from the rust it's a beautiful car to drive.

What can be done to prevent this from getting worse?
How can this be repaired?
How much is the car roughly worth as it stands?

Any info/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

uc

uc

uc

uc

That's an unusual one driven on unsealed roads then stored for two years to sustain that "damage" doesn't add up. To be honest it looks like a ships anchor dragged in the surf, convincing anybody to buy it at a reduced price will prove difficult if I was in your shoes I would tell you friends to sent it to an auction.

do what the car yards/detailers do mate up and over with the chassis black, are you sure the unsealed rd wasn't a beach?

Closer look at the pics, that is salt damage IMHO, and I've seen plenty,

Get it professionally detailed and flick it through the auctions, only way to go.

Last edited:
What a mess!
That does look like corrosion from salt water. It is repairable but would be very time consuming to it right.

The fact the car has sat for 2 years wouldn't be doing it much favour either. Seals dry out, brake and clutch cylinders tend to develop leaks...

Each to there own but it wouldn't sit with me well to just spray under-body sealer everywhere and off load it. In fact I just couldn't do it.

Thanks all!

My friend does live near a beach so I guess all the dirt roads it was driven on must contain a fair amount of salt.

I told my friend when I first saw it that they should be prepared for a major loss with the amount of rust this D40 has.

I do like the auction idea.

With that kind of rust I doubt even a auction house would touch it. Might better of stripping and selling parts. A quick flick on carsales has these models selling in mid to high teens in decent nick. I dont like your chances of gettin 10k as is.
Im with the other guys to srap undercarrage and flog it off is a major arsehole thing to do. Imagine the poor guy who buys it and a yr later is up for major repair bill

Yeah I totally agree that it's an arsehole thing to do. I wouldn't wan't it to happen to me therefore I wouldn't do it to someone else.

I told my mate they'd be lucky to get between $10-$12 as is and I think they're finally coming to that realisation.

As you're in SA, take it to pickles, if they don't like the look of it for the regular auction, they might suggest putting it through the damaged car auction.Guilt free unloading that way, just remember it's a buyer beware world.

Good idea, I'll make an enquiry at pickles.

Anyone have a swimming pool full of a 10 part water and 1 part molasses mix?
Hahahaahaha :p

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back