2009 D22 smoke screen

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonnyd22

Reaction score
Hi all big thanks in advance
Any help and info appreciated
Ok so just bought
2009 D22 2.5
144ks
Have done a service
New oil
New air filter
New fuel filter
New oil filter

was blowing abit of smoke on the drive home when I bought it
But after servicing it it seems to be blowing more .

have just fitted egr block plate
But got the one with a hole in it
Still blowing smoke on acceleration
I’d say halfway thru boost

thought maybe it needed to run abit to clean out all the build up from before the egr blank
Or could it be the hole in the blank I got still letting the crap thru

I have ordered the plate with out the hole in it hoping that will rectify it .

am also going to do the catch can next week

have read that it maybe blocked intake just wanted to get some opinions before I go looking into pulling it apart

doesn’t lack power
Boosts fine
Just smokin

I know diesels smoke
Had a d22 zd30 and drive trucks everyday

but this thing is noticeable more now after a service

could it be I need to reset the ecu
I read that on the euro site

any help would be great or I’ll flick it an go back to the zd30 as I never had an issue with that cheers

need to reset the ecu. instructions on how to reset the fuel learn data is around somewhere.
the increase in black smoke is due the change in fuel filter.

i would carefully check for any intake air leaks, especially around the intercooler. because air flow is measured at the by the filter, if you loose any on the way to the engine it will be running richer than it should. a lot of nissan factory intercoolers are known to leak.

btw diesels don't normally smoke. i suspect you guys are just running bottom of the barrel low grade diesel which is simply not burning properly.
over this side of the ditch they made exhaust smoke illegal, so fuel companies had to supply decent fuel. now its very rare to see a smokey diesel here.

Nah we are the same here they aren’t suppose to smoke but you still accept I little bit , thanks for that I’ll try do the reset and check for any leaks cheers have a good one

Latest posts

Back