2009 ST-r blows a lot of smoke

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah im going to get some steal this week and put in it. I will also do the ecu reset at the same time so i will let you know how i go. It will prob be towards the end of the week though because ill have to find some steal around here. Not sure where to grab it yet.

looking forward to blocking it off for sure!! cant wait.

tbblitz
most of the guys on here have used all different metal, mild steel, galv, ally & s/steel. I dont think it matters too much and no one seems to have had any problems with what they have used. There was some suggestions that maybe ally wasnt the best as it has the lowest melting point.. But anything from 0.5mm - 2mm should be ok..

tbblitz
most of the guys on here have used all different metal, mild steel, galv, ally & s/steel. I dont think it matters too much and no one seems to have had any problems with what they have used. There was some suggestions that maybe ally wasnt the best as it has the lowest melting point.. But anything from 0.5mm - 2mm should be ok..

I wouldnt use galvanized steel wait till that heats up cools down then starts dropping bits of gal flakes into your motor.I would stick to stainless steel.Even mild steel over time wouldnt be good if it starts rusting in your intake.And i would try to find something thicker than .5mm got to rememeber its blocking hot exhaust gas over time something that thin the heat will eat through it no worries.

Czeslaw

i used stainless steel...was bout 1.6mm thick but i had thicker stuff...its worked fine and im not having to worry bout it flaking as czeslaw has stated...

Latest posts

Back