2010 D22 YD2.5 EGR Mod

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, have tried doing a search specifically for the EGR mod for this , and I can't seem to find what I'm looking for , if any one with the same year model etc... Who has done this explain how and possible with pics exactly what to do and the benefits ? Already have a S/S 1.6mm plate and looking to get in done Saturday .
Thanks in advance
Bundy

The thread you want is on the main page of "d22 engine" 2 down from this one, you need to read through it though.

Thanks heaps I'm having one of those days( feel dumb as), does anyone have a pic of exactly which spot I put the blocking plate?

Theres a tube that runs along the front of the engine about level with the battery, quite large to, thats what you have to block at either end.

you can see it runs from the turbo to the inlet manifold.

image-3462147899.jpg

So at either the yellow/green or red circle ?

Sweet as cheers for the replies, been one of those weeks where I have f?&$k fingers and stuff everything i touch, so making sure I've got it all right

i did mine at the bluey white circle(color blind lol) that was the only place i could see the block plate jjohn sent me would fit, i assume it doesnt matter where you do it tho

My theory was to do it as close to the exhaust manifold as possible, stops the heat exchanger filling up with soot too.

so seen i did mine so far away from exhaust side is it possible thats the reason I feel like ive had no power increase or lagg decrease??
Or would the heat exchange always stay full of exhaust gas and make no diffference?
does anyone have a workshop diagram for the egr system ?

it makes no difference what side you block as the heat exchanger is now redundant, as long as it is sealed properly and doesnt leak (or vacuum) then its all sweet, all the heat exchanger does it pass engine coolant through tubes in the middle and reduce the temp of the dirty exhaust(flowing around those tubes) then going into your inlet manifold,

all you are blocking is the exhaust gasses, the coolant will still flow through the exchanger as normal, but now there isnt anything to cool.

How'd you go getting out the bolts at the right as once the nut is off, the bolt is still threaded in?by the way I'm trying to do this as we speak

if ive taken that the right way you will have to unbolt it at both ends so you can pull the tube back far enough to clear the bolts

yeah mate i blocked the exchanger inlet side, (alternator side) and loosened it by taking off the nuts on the inlet manifold elbow, and then the nuts you are talking about on the exchanger intlet side, also undo the bracket holding the exchanger in-place, then you should be able to side it off those bolts, and in goes the plate, easy as....

it makes no difference what side you block as the heat exchanger is now redundant, as long as it is sealed properly and doesnt leak (or vacuum) then its all sweet, all the heat exchanger does it pass engine coolant through tubes in the middle and reduce the temp of the dirty exhaust(flowing around those tubes) then going into your inlet manifold,

all you are blocking is the exhaust gasses, the coolant will still flow through the exchanger as normal, but now there isnt anything to cool.

Just habit. If I am going to have useless exhaust gas in a dead leg then I want it to be as short as possible.

Latest posts

Back