2010 Navara D40 (Thai) - fuel filter housing problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aka_db

Reaction score
Hi, I am having a problem with original fuel filter housing sucking air on a 2010 D40 Diesel (Thai).

Are there any suitable aftermarket replacement solutions?

Any reasons why I can't replace it with something other than genuine, there's a 4 week back order from Nissan.

Thanks, Daryl.

I've used Ryco filters before. No drama with them. A previous mechanic even used Cooper (Chinese, cheap) filters and while I didn't experience any problems with the Cooper filter (see below), I am not confident in its ability to filter the fuel and went back to Ryco filters.

I did have a problem with air being sucked into the system after this previous mechanic fitted the Cooper filter to my car, but it wasn't the filter's fault - it was the mechanic's. The water sensor that sits in the bottom of the filter wasn't done up until it clicked - the electrical connection has to line up with the knurled knob above it. Mine didn't - a small twist, after ensuring it was in properly and feel it click into place and no more problems. You might want to check yours!

No comment from me about the housing but I use Sakura filters, which cost a fraction of what you'll pay for Ryco. I didn't bookmark it, so can't share a link, but I found a site one time where they tested quite a few different filter brands on the same type of rig that manufacturers use for testing. The Sakura were in the upper half of the mid-range filters and outperformed a bunch of much more expensive ones. There was almost no difference between Ryco and Sakura in regards to their filtering abilities of the filters tested. For my model, I can get a full set (Sakura K-1830), consisting of fuel, oil, air and cabin filters for about the same price ($60 posted) as I pay for a Ryco Z-1000 fuel filter at Supercheap ($59.99). I don't know who makes the Nissan branded filters but the very vast majority of Sakura filters are manufactured and branded for other labels, including those of a number of vehicle manufacturers.

Latest posts

Back