2011 D22 aftermarket exhaust

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunny Coaster

Reaction score
Hey guy's
about to get a new exhaust and chip, probably going to get a tune it chip but am still confused about the system, looking for something from the turbo back with as little restriction as possible.... Any1 out there with a 2.5CR with an upgraded exhaust that there really happy with........? Not very good at navigating this forum yet so the threads didnt really help me
Cheers
http://www.navara.asia/images/smilies/character0029.gif

try suncoast exhaust and mech at noosa,i had a 3 inch mandrel bent and new larger dump pipe fitted on mine from them and i was happy with the exhaust and service.

Is your rig a 2.5 or a 3l.....? I've heard a lot of people say 3" is to big for the 2.5cr but every1 has there own opinion and says different things......... might give them a call

I fitted up a red back sysytem on my 06 3lt 2.5" mandrel bends.. havent had over the dyno for proof or exact numbers but can definitely notice the difference low down and also better for towing. thats without a chip also.

I had a local exhaust shop fit up a 3ich, lasted about 6 months really bad mounting points cracked the exhaust, had it welded 3 times, got the shits with that so had a Taipan exhaust fitted, Best thing I ever did, I can highly recommend them, since then I have also fitted one of there water to air intercoolers & remapped the chip to suit.
Running a Tunit Chip, but after fitting a Garrett turbo (Mike Vines) the chip is at is limit, Mike suggested fitting another with a bigger program, but after the Dyno tune and now pumping out 863Nm at the rear wheels & running 33.4inch (255/85R16) tyres I’m very happy
If you are planning on doing some upgrades I would suggest another brand of Chip that will suit any future mods
(sorry running a ZD30 3lt) not the 2.5lt. Hope this helps in some way.....Good Luck

Just spoke to the bloke from taipan and there systems sound really good, 3" right through with a designed muffler that gives you back pressure so ur turbo doesn't over boost and cause drama's, a little pricy but you get that when it's a quality product..... $2800 fully fitted including a chip as well

The guy from Taipan steered me away from Tune its as there not really mapped right for the d22 set ups, he advised to run with a dp or a steinbeaurer or even there own brand that they have manufactured to suit there systems...... He also said that people only have problems with 3" systems because they run a straight through system which gives them no back pressure which is why they all complain about over boost and engine probs........ thanks for the replies and think i'll spend the extra money and run with taipan

I've got the Sunco exhaust with hi flow cat and muffler fitted on my 2010 D22 2.5 CRD. Pretty happy with it but I have nothing to compare it to and i'm used to it now.

When I first picked it up it was very noticeable.

The turbo's need back pressure and if your exhaust is to big and not set up correctly it will not give any back pressure causing the turbo to over boost....... every exhaust shop i have spoke to has confirmed the same theory....... The taipan XP systems look awesome, usually a 3" system would be to big for a 2.5CR but they have a designed muffler that sends back pressure to the turbo.... $2800 for a 3" turbo back system with their chip

Turbo's want ZERO back pressure...they run boost control via the waste gate.
Amazing how well informed mufflers fitters are.

They can be all wrong.....have a read of this--

Downstream of the turbine (aka the turboback exhaust), you want the least backpressure possible. No ifs, ands, or buts. Stick a Hoover on the tailpipe if you can. The general rule of "larger is better" (to the point of diminishing returns) of turboback exhausts is valid. Here, the idea is to minimize the pressure downstream of the turbine in order to make the most effective use of the pressure that is being generated upstream of the turbine. Remember, a turbine operates via a pressure ratio. For a given turbine inlet pressure, you will get the highest pressure ratio across the turbine when you have the lowest possible discharge pressure. This means the turbine is able to do the most amount of work possible (i.e. drive the compressor and make boost) with the available inlet pressure.

Hey fzzr..... I spoke to fletcher at suncoast the other day and he said he could do a 3" full system including dump pipe and chip it chip pretty cheap, almost a $1000 cheaper than a Taipan system and chip.... The only reason i'm steering towards taipan is because they dyno tune your car before and after so you no exactly what your getting for your money and also lets you no that your car has been tuned right as well......... both sound like great systems tho

Latest posts

Back